Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: garypayne
About
User Name: garypayne
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 122
[0.04% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Max HIGH /LOW
Posted: Friday, March 31, 2017 10:42:39 AM

How do I write a PCF for price as a % of max high ar max low. The point is to have a column that shows where price is today compared to a recent high or low. Good way to find double tops or bottoms.

Topic: I would like to know when we're going to get level 2
Posted: Sunday, December 18, 2016 10:27:16 AM

Level II is no longer a usefull trading tool. Volume doesn't have much either. Old trading books and stratagies lead to trading losses. derivatives and HFT distort it.

Topic: Up 5 Days then Open lower
Posted: Thursday, December 8, 2016 10:34:45 AM

I'm attempting to write a scan for 5 days up then an open lower on the 6th. I have 

C > C1 and C1> C2 and C2> C3 and C3> C4 and C4 > C5 andC<C5. 

Not geting any results.

I&#39;m looking for 5 day reversal up 5 days then breaks the low of the 5th day on the 6th or later

Topic: Watermark
Posted: Thursday, August 4, 2016 8:44:40 AM

How do I make the watermark for a company darker and larger on a chart. I used the slider on the edit panel,and it didn&#39;t make it larger. I&#39;m using small charts for sector tracking and I can&#39;t see the watermark.

Thanks

Topic: Average Volume
Posted: Monday, November 9, 2015 9:38:21 AM

I want a column to show the average volume for a stock as a number, so i can compare it to todays volume. i tried avgv10, but it says it wont return a boleen formula. Is it possible to add the columns up like a list to compare it. All the volume for the qqq totaled up.

Topic: Time Span Button
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 1:33:42 PM

How do you edit the timespan button? My buttons don&#39;t reflect the time on the button.

Topic: Narrowest range in x days
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2015 2:40:52 PM

Here you go. I recomend you use a reletive strength sort  like stocks above their 200 day ema. Filter them from strongest to weekest. start at the top, and work your way down. I have been using this for years with great sucess. It will give you many hits, so focus on strength. Most of the time stocks do nothing. That is the reason for so many hits, but the strength sort filters that out. As for the trade take it any way it goes. The hound of bakersfield livves here. Todays winner was AMBA.

((H - L) < (H1 - L1)) AND ((H - L) < (H2 - L2)) AND ((H - L) < (H3 - L3)) AND ((H - L) < (H4 - L4)) AND ((H - L) < (H5 - L5)) AND ((H - L) < (H6 - L6)) AND C > 13 AND AVGV50 > 10000

Topic: Fib Retracements
Posted: Tuesday, January 27, 2015 3:29:47 PM

Can tc net scan for fibonacci retracement levels?

Topic: Hourly Volume
Posted: Monday, October 20, 2014 9:52:42 AM

Is there a way to track hourly volume as a %? I would like to have a column that shows if an ETF has increesing volume as compared to the same time yesterday, like first hour, either I change the to the next hour, or it does it itself. It would be nice to to be able to see at a glance, if markets have any real buy/selling going on. price alone is just painting the tape.

Topic: Fib Extensions
Posted: Wednesday, January 8, 2014 7:52:20 PM

I have no problem drawing a fib grid" however I cann&#39;t get any extensions like 127.00. It has a box for it I just cant see it. Do they work at alll?