Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: BarryZ
About
User Name: BarryZ
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 3
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Incorporating Fundamental data into Easy Scans
Posted: Friday, March 4, 2005 2:48:28 AM
Thank you Craig. The dual scan gets me in the ballpark, but it doesn't permit one to easily set up a criteria and stick to it.
Price-to-sales is a very common ratio. There are other more esoteric ratios out there too.

Seems to me that TC could be infinitely more flexible through one simple to make addition: permit users to export ANY of the fields in the data base.

By doing the calculations and sorts in Excel, then re-importing the CSV thus created, users can work out customized ratios like this without TC having to extend the PCF language to do it.
This doesn't provide "real-time" watch lists very easily, but does facilitate building a list based on criteria that doesn't exist in the TC library.

I now have to hunt down another piece of software to do scans based on this criteria. Bummer.

Topic: Incorporating Fundamental data into Easy Scans
Posted: Friday, March 4, 2005 2:04:26 AM
I'd like to use Price-to-Sales ratio in some Easy Scans, but TC2000 doesn't have it in the canned library and selecting most fundamental data fields is not possible in the PCF editor.

I can't even export the watch list to Excel to calculate this ratio and sort because of the (very) limited number of data fields that are selectable in the "Export to Text" box.

Are there any other ways I might be able to associate a column with each ticker in a watch list where that column is a Price data point divided by annual sales number in your fundamental data?

Thank you
Topic: Overview of the TeleChart main screen - WatchList, Notes and Chart windows
Posted: Friday, March 4, 2005 1:59:03 AM
Good video but for next time, you might want to add the chart scaling features and why the user would select one scale over another.

Also, the videos run fine in the Opera Version 7 browser. I find the Opera browser even more feature rich than Mozilla Firefox, especially if you like tabbed browsing.