Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: gatman08
About
User Name: gatman08
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 27
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: MACD
Posted: Friday, December 7, 2007 10:01:07 PM
You know, guys, (are there any gals in here?) I do better in my paper trade account than I do in my real one.   I find myself evaluating the few indicators I use, reading the press, evaluating the chart and making the trade without any second thoughts.  In my real account I do the same, but then I am too hesitant to pull the trigger when all my signals tell me to.  I also become attached to some of my holdings where I am totally detached in the paper account.  I have come a long way since i started in the fall.  All of you have been enormously helpful in the development of my trading strategies.  Keep up the discussions, especially in the trading strategy area.
Topic: MACD
Posted: Saturday, November 24, 2007 11:32:43 AM
I have been using MACD-H settings at 10,20,5.  It hasn't been working for me in this down market like I had been seeing in the up market.  Is it typical to change settings dependent on market direction?   Also haven't been able to use MS like I was.
Maybe just the volotility.  Any suggestions?
Topic: AMD only drifting?
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2007 5:32:08 AM
Wow, thanks. Great charts and information. I still have to work on my entrance/exit strategies. I am picking better now than I was 2-3 mo ago. And no, I don't have a large position.
Topic: AMD only drifting?
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2007 9:03:56 PM
Is AMD just in a temporary lull? I liked it enough and bought at 12.96 but it doesn't seem to have any legs and I am getting nervous. My target was to reach 15.50, then set a stop at that level. MACD is at zero, but MS and TSV dropped on increased volume today.
Any comments, please?
Topic: Stock Selections
Posted: Sunday, August 26, 2007 10:10:17 PM
Any opinions on these stocks? I am working on different scans trying to develop a system. These came up today.

TNH
NVDA
JSDA
AA
CHDX
GMO
ERTS (maybe buy at 50.15)
Topic: Just back from vacation
Posted: Wednesday, August 22, 2007 10:06:12 PM
Just returned from a trip to Alaska, Denali Nat Park, then 7 day cruise. Beautiful area. Next year probably cruising New England and Nova Scotia.
Topic: Swim? oportunity knocks? and an options question.
Posted: Wednesday, August 1, 2007 8:53:17 PM
Stick around, Memorable. I enjoy your posts.
Topic: Swim? oportunity knocks? and an options question.
Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 8:59:37 PM
bcraig, don't transaction fees eat up any profit on a $500 trade? At even $6 per trade you lose 2% right off the bat.

I appreciate everyone's positive contributions to this forum. I also learn a lot from everyone's experiences but do not follow all recommendations. I am fairly new and thought I was making some progress until the past week. Now I know the importance of an exit strategy. Also that emotion does not belong in trading strategies.

Someday I hope to be able to contribute in a positive way to this forum. In the meantime, I only have questions and may ask for advice on occasion. Some of you must be doing this full time. Currently I can only trade base on daily close.

The cockiness and negativity of some do not belong here. These same ones have a lot to offer, please keep personalities out of this and share your knowledge.
Topic: Trading fundamentals, philosophy and NRMX patterns
Posted: Wednesday, July 4, 2007 11:08:22 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed Mariner51's thread "Starting new....". There was an enormous amount of advice given for anyone trading or considering trading. It made me re-evaluate where I am and where I am going. I realize I don't have enough fundamental knowledge, nor do I have a solid philosophy of trading. I was looking for "Inside my Trading Room" in 2 different bookstores, but both were out. Ended up with "Swing Trading" by Jon D. Markman. So far in my reading tonight, it is excellent.

I looked at my holdings and with my newfound "knowledge" still don't know anything. Does anyone have any opinion on NRMX? Particularly, what pattern is it in right now. Looks like a double bottom between May 17 and June 8, but what is happening now and what can I expect?
Topic: MACD-H?
Posted: Sunday, June 24, 2007 8:48:22 PM
Thanks for your help. I was doing everything, except I wasn't deleting the heading on the stock symbol column. You have been so helpful. I enjoy reading all your posts and continue to learn something new every day.