Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: sobowen
About
User Name: sobowen
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 78
[0.03% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Pivot Point Plotting
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2008 11:47:55 PM
Stockguy,

I shared a chart titled, Pivot Points Chart. 
Notice that it does not plot the pivot point values on the intraday time frames.
To be correct, the plot should be horizontal lines on intraday because the pivot point values are constant during intraday.

Thanks for your assistance.
-Steve
Topic: Pivot Point Plotting
Posted: Monday, January 28, 2008 6:10:13 PM
I have created the block diagrams for the various pivot point values in RT Blocks 3.0, but the plots during the intraday time frames are not correct. The value computed by the block code is correct, but the plot during the intraday should be a horizontal line with the daily pivot point as the value.

What needs to be done so that the plot of the pivot points during the intrady are horizontal lines? The pivot point value comes out the Divide by 3.00 block and is connected to the Numereic Plot Green Arrow. There is probably some block(s) available to take this "date & number" stream and make it plot a line during the intraday as a constant , horizontal line with the value of the daily (or weekly) pivot point value as the value to be plotted.

Another way to state this request for assistance is, "How do I plot a constant value indicator during intraday when the value for the constant is equal to the daily pivot point value?"

Thanks, Steve
Topic: Daily Volatility
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2008 6:28:59 PM
I use what I call the Price Movement Range (PMR). PMR (in my terms) is equal to Average Daily Range divided by the Average Price, then multiply by 100 to convert ot percent. Notice that ADR is not an ATR. ADR excludes any intraday gaps. As you probably know, ATR includes intraday gaps.

For example, PMR30 % = 100 * ((AVGH30 - AVGL30)/AVGC30)

This is simple and precise enough for me.
Topic: Calendar Days, Blocks System
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2007 7:03:41 PM
Bruce, I have given up on making the value on the weekly time frame show the number of weeks instead of the number of calendar days. I could not find any block that would allow me to do some logic off the time frame picker and divide by 7 on the weekly time frame. I already have a method of getting the count of the number of bars between 2 date pointers on the weekly time frame. This count is exactly the number of weeks on this time frame. So, I have a combination of ways to get the time span measurements on the daily and weekly time frames: 1) I use your method on the daily time frame with the values shown in the display legend and 2) I have a method I believe I got from Craig to display the weekly span in a field on the right margin tool bar.

By the way, I could not find any description of the "DaysPerBar" code block you used in your block diagram in the Knowledge Base.

As you might be able to tell, I am making time span measurements to determine the periods of the Hurst wave components in the stock price composite wave. The price pattern is a summation of "n" individual wave components.

Once again, thanks for your assistance.

Regards,

Steve
Posted: Monday, June 11, 2007 4:50:06 PM
Bruce, thanks, this gives me just what I wanted, the distance between 2 date pointers in calendar days on the daily time frame. I will take on the challenge of converting the number to weeks on the weekly time frame. Have to build some logic off the time frame setting and divide by 7.
Thanks again,
Steve
Posted: Sunday, June 10, 2007 2:49:02 PM
Is it feasible in Blocks to write a custom code block that changes the horizontal axis on the daily time frame from market days to calendar days? On those days that the market is closed simply plot a blank bar. I would also suggest only plotting the last 300 calendar days or thereabouts. I am making time span measurements on the daily time frame in terms of calendar days. I have to do this in Excel. I am currently transcribing the dates of the points of interest from the chart into Excel and computing the number of calendar days between these 2 dates. It would be nice to be able to do this with a pair of data pointers directly on the chart display. I am currently doing this nicely on the weekly time frame. As you know, the bars on the weekly time frame are precisely the week ending dates, therefore the time span measurement in weeks is accurate

Regards,
Steve
Topic: Symbol Lnkage between Blocks and TC
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2007 6:33:37 PM
Bruce,

I guess I have to be more systematic. When ever I change the watchlist in either TC or Blocks I loose linkage many times.

Thanks for the info.
Steve

QUOTE (Bruce_L)
I couldn't say. It actually never happens to me. The only time I don't have linkage is when I start Blocks Player before TeleChart.
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2007 11:42:36 AM
Bruce, thanks. Too bad. Is this a bug and fixable? It is somewhat of a nuisance.
Steve

QUOTE (Bruce_L)
I do not know of an easier way.
Posted: Saturday, May 12, 2007 12:11:29 AM
When I change the watch list in TC, then change the watch list in Blocks to match, many times I loose the symbol linkage. The only way I have been able to recover the linkage is to exit Blocks and re-open Blocks. This restores the symbol linkage. Is there an easier way to restore this linkage other exting and re-opening Blocks?
Steve
Topic: Future Line of Demarcation (FLD), Hurst Cyclic Analysis
Posted: Friday, April 6, 2007 5:06:53 PM
Bruce, thanks. The Shifted Line Plot Code Block worked great. I now have FLD lines forecasted into future times by the period amount.
Thanks again,
Steve