Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Pivot Point Plotting Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
sobowen
Posted : Monday, January 28, 2008 6:10:13 PM
I have created the block diagrams for the various pivot point values in RT Blocks 3.0, but the plots during the intraday time frames are not correct. The value computed by the block code is correct, but the plot during the intraday should be a horizontal line with the daily pivot point as the value.

What needs to be done so that the plot of the pivot points during the intrady are horizontal lines? The pivot point value comes out the Divide by 3.00 block and is connected to the Numereic Plot Green Arrow. There is probably some block(s) available to take this "date & number" stream and make it plot a line during the intraday as a constant , horizontal line with the value of the daily (or weekly) pivot point value as the value to be plotted.

Another way to state this request for assistance is, "How do I plot a constant value indicator during intraday when the value for the constant is equal to the daily pivot point value?"

Thanks, Steve
StockGuy
Posted : Monday, January 28, 2008 6:14:07 PM

Administration

sobowen, 

How about sharing your layout or chart so we can grab it and take a look?  I think you'll need to use value pointers instead of plots.
sobowen
Posted : Monday, January 28, 2008 11:47:55 PM
Stockguy,

I shared a chart titled, Pivot Points Chart. 
Notice that it does not plot the pivot point values on the intraday time frames.
To be correct, the plot should be horizontal lines on intraday because the pivot point values are constant during intraday.

Thanks for your assistance.
-Steve