Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: thunderbird1
About
User Name: thunderbird1
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 22
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Creating a PCF for VOLUME PERCENTAGE CHANGE
Posted: Thursday, May 11, 2006 12:29:25 PM
Hello Craig,

Thanks for all your great work....things are coming along....finding some nice picks.

I do need to mention to you, though, that TC2000 doesn't seem to always find the stocks that match the PRECISELY DEFINED parameters.

Current case in point, I created an easy scan for "VOLUME triggered above 40 day moving average" wherein I took the formula you gave me for the 4 WEEK volume moving average (40 day mov avg) and i changed the FIRST TWO DAYS of the formula to READ GREATER THAN.

and I then scanned ALL STOCKS ....with ONLY this (PCF)indicator.....it came up with 3 picks.....HOWEVER, none of the 3 match the criteria....

here are the 3:

anst
ngs
khk

I then sorted by the same criteria and they all show "TRUE" in the right column.

See if you find the same results. I am finding that the VOLUME PCFs are NOT giving us accurate readings.

Thanks,

Mark
Posted: Tuesday, May 9, 2006 4:11:05 PM
Hi Doug,

In comparison with some other charting software......some software programs use all three.....either white or green bodies....along with RED ....and they also have BLACK bodies.....

this is why I ask.....it seems that the RED bodies correlate with NEGATIVE VOLUME (more sellers than buyers..?).

Is there a reason that TC2000 doesn't use the COLOR RED with candlesticks...?

Would it be too confusing to have RED also as a MARKER/SIGNIFICATOR...?

As a case-in-point, I am referring to www.stockcharts.com....and I am looking (targeting) PEIX as an example.

Are there any of your videos that you could point me to about Japanese Candlesticks...?

Thanks so much for your guidance..!

Mark
Posted: Tuesday, May 9, 2006 3:35:22 PM
Hello Craig,

thank you so much for your KEEN support....you are a GREAT "HUNTING" GUIDE......in the STOCK JUNGLE...!

Hey, listen, I am learning about JAPANESE CANDLESTICKS.....do you know what a SOLID BLACK BODY signifies....? I know that there are hollow/solid GREEN and/or RED bodies.....BUT WHAT DOES A SOLID BLACK BODY TELL US....?

thanks,

Mark
Posted: Tuesday, May 9, 2006 1:10:36 AM
Hello Craig,

so far ....the scan is coming along great...

I would like to ask you....how can I set up the VOLUME SURGE (daily or otherwise) as a differential in PERCENTAGE ? (in other words....if a stocks volume goes up say more than 50% in one day)
I am not sure how to do this ....by moving the blue bar up or down when it is on the VALUE SCALE...? (again, I am NOT looking at the stock in how it relates to OTHER stocks ...but how it is changing according to ITSELF.......A CHANGE IN IT'S OWN VOLUME CHARACTERISTICS)

Thanks,

mark
Posted: Monday, May 8, 2006 6:49:16 PM
Thanks Craig,

One more thing, for now, and that is THIS, What would be the formula for a PCF for WHEN THE VOLUME WOULD START TO "PEEK IT'S HEAD" ABOVE THE 40 day MOVING AVERAGE (even if so ever slightly...) ?

Mark
Posted: Monday, May 8, 2006 5:50:11 PM
Hello Craig,

OK....GREAT ..! we got rid of the FLATLINERS...! And now i have a better group of stocks from which to choose.

I would like to ask you, What would i do to EXTEND the time period for my PCF---"volume below 40 moving avg-2 weeks" to be LONGER THAN 2 WEEKS...? What would that formula look like..?

Thanks for all your support...!

Mark

Posted: Monday, May 8, 2006 4:46:35 PM
Hello Craig,

I went back and DOUBLE AND TRIPLE CHECKED the feedback you gave me.

I then RE-RAN the easyscan based on the parameters we set.

Today, I came up with 9 picks.

Out of the 9, there were(are) 6 that have FLAT-LINES IN PRICE. (discontinued stocks..?).

here is the list that were(are) FLAT-LINERS:

TSD
TRO
JOR
DEZ
GEAC
GLDB

Mark

P.S. I did go back and put in the "AND" between the variables for volume change below 2 week moving average....but am still getting the FLATLINERS.

Posted: Saturday, May 6, 2006 1:57:35 PM
QUOTE (Craig_S)
Are there no "AND" between each set of "number<number" or did it give you the string of numbers exactly as you typed above?

What does it say under this by the word "RESULT"?

Did you run the steps for the update?

Did it have to calculate?

Does it still have TRUE in both columns on the Data Sheet for CBB?

Craig,

It gave me the exact numbers as listed as I gave to you (I copy and pasted them). It says TRUE by the word RESULT.

YES, I ran the steps for the update. YES, it calculated. YES, it still has TRUE in both columns on the Data Sheet for CBB.

Mark
Posted: Saturday, May 6, 2006 1:39:29 PM
Hello Craig,

here is the result of what you asked me to do....after testing the PCF on ticker symbol CBB

9539.00 < 13388.67 12946.00 < 13354.90 28460.00 < 13492.28 28426.00 < 13009.97 23379.00 < 12993.22 24092.00 < 12783.75 9451.00 < 12536.67 5632.00 < 12548.22 9455.00 < 12637.55 8527.00 < 12610.38

Ok, I will check back with you soon.

Mark
Posted: Friday, May 5, 2006 7:56:12 PM
Hello Craig...

yes....it is TRUE in both columns

Mark