New version 18 available now

Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: jbclem
About
User Name: jbclem
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 106
[0.04% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: how to limit an alert to a specific watchlist
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2018 6:25:00 PM

I'd like to set an Alert to go off when the Vol% Change is greater than 150(%) compared to the Vol% Change of the previous day.  But I want to limit this Alert to a specific watchlist.  In v7 I could write a scan and limit it to a watchlist universe (of stock symbols) but I don't even see how to do that in v18.  Or how to do that with an Alert.

My Vol% Change Daily formula is:  (V / V1) *100.  I'm using it as a column heading and the watchlist's column is sorted each day so it ranks the symbols in the watchlist by this formula.  But I don't always check it everyday, which is why I need an alert.

Is there a way?

Topic: where are the Peter Worden reports and notes in v18?
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2018 2:05:52 AM

Thanks for that idea.  Until I got locked out of v7 a month ago, I was getting the Worden Reports most days.  I don't remember much in the line of recommendations to buy stocks, just a reporting of what was going on in the market that day, and some mention of stocks that were moving (Volume Buzz, etc...).

But it looks like v18 doesn't have even that...

Topic: How to turn off "writing option symbols"
Posted: Monday, May 28, 2018 1:53:10 AM

Thanks...if they'll just put their energy into getting accurate fundamental data, I don't mind waiting on this one.  It's just an unnecessary annoyance.

Topic: where are the Peter Worden reports and notes in v18?
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2018 4:06:39 AM

In v7 there were regular Peter Worden reports, but in v18 I haven't found a way to show or access them.  Are they still available?

Topic: How to turn off "writing option symbols"
Posted: Saturday, May 26, 2018 8:41:11 PM

Everytime I start up v18, there is a delay while the "writing option symbols" occurs.  Since I don't use options I'd like to streamline the startup and skip this step.  Is there a way to do this?

John

Topic: How to add a template of indicators to a certain chart
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2018 10:52:49 PM

When you say "the entire chart" does that mean the symbol being charted also...in other words, just duplicating that particular chart.

Is it the same in v7?  I thought I could do this there...I know that in other charting programs it's a common feature, but perhaps not in Telecharts.

Topic: How to add a template of indicators to a certain chart
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2018 4:51:42 PM

If I have a certain chart, located on a tab(bottom of screen...layout tab??) and I want to add a collection of indicators (that I use on other charts also) to it, how do I do this.  I can save a template, which I think is a collection of indicators, but when I try to add this template to a chart...a new chart opens up.  I just want to be able to add a given collection of indicators to any chart I chose. 

Topic: changing some of the chart toolbars/headings
Posted: Monday, April 30, 2018 8:18:37 PM

Bruce, there are no x's or check boxes on the left side of any of the three toolbars I've mentioned. And when I go to the TOOLS menu and "edit chart toolbar" it looks like only  the 1st tool bar is configurable (including visible or non visible) although I have no idea why there are two categories (Large Chart, Small Chart...what does that mean?)

I'll try to contact Tech Support for the other items, but I'm wondering about these x's or check boxes that you referred to...where are they?

John

Posted: Monday, April 30, 2018 1:51:08 AM

I just checked the marker (split, dividend, notes) colors and they are all colors that should show up on my black background charts.

Posted: Monday, April 30, 2018 1:48:15 AM

In v18, on any chart in the upper left side there are three toolbars.  The 1st shows the symbol and different timeframe choices.  The 2nd has the name of the company, the open, high, low, close numbers, the volume, and anything you want to add in.  The 3rd has the symbol again and it's current timeframe, then lists indicators on the chart and their colors.

First, I'd like to get rid of the 3rd toolbar, it's information I don't need and just takes up chart space.  Is there a way to do this or even move it up and append it to the 1st toolbar?

Second, I've been trying to add items to the 2nd toolbar (ie...Div Yield trailing, Div Yield forward) but the only thing that's showing up in the toolbar are two triple dots (... , ...).  A hover tooltip shows these triple dots are the items I've added, but I can't get the actual dividend yield data to show.  There is plenty of screen space for this data, so I don't think that's the cause of this problem.  Any solutions for this?

Third, I've just noticed that the dividend, split, note markers aren't showing on the charts.  They are all checked under the TOOLS menu with large green check marks, but aren't visible on the chart.  How can I fix this problem?