Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: John_VanKirk
About
User Name: John_VanKirk
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 28
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Where in the World is Michael and Julia
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2015 5:22:30 PM

Hi Putt,

Thanks for the link. That's very discouraging to think Julia, and Michael may not be active in Worden's education section. They did a wonderful job with the older 2 day meetings around the country, then the great set of webnar's every other Tuesdays. Julia was very proud of also getting her CMT certification last year.

Then after all the effort in setting up TC-2000 as a very fast server based Silverlight application, there is no active subscriber training. Nothing.

Possibly another member might know more recent information to share with the community.

Topic: Where in the World is Michael and Julia
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2015 11:50:09 AM

Hi Bruce,

Haven't seen Julia or Michael on any on line Webinars, or new recorded teaching programs in about a year now.

A bit onorous to first have the local big city live events cancelled, then  live webinars disappear.

Best ducators Worden has had ever. Are they still working with Worden and initiating programs helpful to the suscribers.

Any helpful info you can pass along to all the faithful followers?

John

Topic: Changing Pos or Neg colors in the streaming symbol toolbar at the top of V12.4
Posted: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 11:15:16 AM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

There is no property which would allow you to change the color for the price of the symbol in the scrolling ticker bar, but there should be a green colored triangle pointing up if the change is a positive and a red colored triangle pointing down if the change is negative between the net change and price percent change values.

Thanks, Bruce. Appreciate your help and knowledge.

Topic: Changing Pos or Neg colors in the streaming symbol toolbar at the top of V12.4
Posted: Monday, February 24, 2014 2:18:38 PM

Hi Bruce,

Using Ver 12.4. At the top of the screen, there is a choice to have the scrolling ticker bar travel across the screen with the latest prices and % changes of your watchlist. Is there any way, like there is in columns, to have a positive change or %change show in green, and a neg change for the day or %change show in red? Mine are all a light blue color, both pos and neg, and I can't find a property to choose different colors.

Thanks a lot.

Topic: New Morningstar Group and Industry Categories
Posted: Monday, February 3, 2014 4:57:52 PM

Thanks Bruce,

Both of your web links for the new Morningstar Sectors & Indices hit the spot. Also see how using the new Sector (SX --) symbols will graph out that sector, or industry.

Appreciate it very much.

John VK

Topic: New Morningstar Group and Industry Categories
Posted: Monday, February 3, 2014 12:06:13 PM

Hi Bruce,

Have been working through all the new components of Ver 12.4. and  would like a little more information on the new Morningstar Sector and Industry numbering and categorization.

Why is TC2000 using the new SX Sector and iX Industry groups and new numbering system, as compared to the MG classification we have grown to know over the years? The numbers are in the thousands, and the categories don't match the older categories exactly. I tried to find this category system on the Morningstar website, but couldn't find any info there.

Also, from the Sector standpoint, we have grown to know the 9 XL Sectors. Now there seems to be 11, adding Real Estate and TeleCom. TeleCom makes sense, but Real Estate is actually an Asset Class, like Stocks, Bonds, Currency, Commodities, Cash etc. rather than a sector. Also there are only 10 spots for Comparison Overlays, so 11 can't all be compared at once.

Just wondered about the overall concept of this change, and the listed more specific points.

Thanks,

Topic: Ver 12.4 Library Indicator Categories
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:43:34 PM

Thanks Bruce. Appreciate your help, as always. Will keep an eye on upcoming webinars regarding Ver 12.4.

Topic: Ver 12.4 Library Indicator Categories
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 2:22:55 PM

Hi Bruce,

Have been working with TC2000 Ver 12.4.

In Ver 12.3, when you click on the Toolbar "Library", "Conditions", you get the standard categories (in blue), "My Conditions, My Conditions formulas, Prebuilt Conditions". Same for Ver 12.4 That's logical.

In Ver 12.3, when you click on the Toolbar  "Library", "Indicators", you get the standard categories (in blue), "My Indicators, My Indicators forumlas, Prebuilt Indicators, Legacy Telechart 2007 formulas. That makes sense.

In Ver 12.4, when you click on the Toolbar  "Library", "Indicators" you get a "Select Plot" dialog box, that has 9 tabs, rather than the standard categories listed just above. Not at all logical!

It is exactly the same dialog box as when you click on the new "+ icon" to the left of the graph symbol.

Is this a bug, or just bad programming, since it goes to the "Select Plot" dialog boxe, rather than the "Select Indicator" dialog box choice?

Thanks a lot

Topic: Pre-Built Formulas= YTD % Chge
Posted: Friday, February 1, 2013 12:03:52 PM

Thanks, Bruce.

Understanding this YTD formula is not at all obvious since it includes no "dates", but I now understand how it is used and how it automatically works for yearly comparisons.

thanks for your help and  patiences.

John

Topic: Pre-Built Formulas= YTD % Chge
Posted: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 8:56:00 PM

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the information. The one point I don't completely grasp with the formula is how it can determine YTD % Chge. I can see if you use a yearly time frame, it would give a yearly % Chge, or with a daily time frame, a change from a day ago. The Title is YTD % Change, so can you accurately get, say the YTD change from 12/31/12 to today just using the Closing price and Closing 1 day ago?

Appreciate your help.