Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: B4invest
About
User Name: B4invest
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 9
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Source Data to validate PCF?
Posted: Monday, March 27, 2006 3:22:17 PM
Hi - I just went back to telechart and telechart help to try to figure outhow to put a 'Linear Regression Slope delayed 30 days', and I can't figure it out. I see how to set up the linear regression, but I can't figure out how to delay it, and how to apply it to slope. Can you provide an example pcf??

Many thanks.
Posted: Monday, March 27, 2006 3:09:13 PM
Hi - thanks for your help. Couple more questions. As concerns the downslope/trend, what I want to do is have PCF for a double bottom follow a downtrend. I found the formula (AVGL30 / AVGL30.30 * 100 ) in your thread on PCF's for triangles. Am I better off using the Linear Regression Sope Filter with the delay you suggest??

Also, is there a way to highlight selected 'dates' on the chart (just temporarily for testing). For example, I'd like to bracket or highlight the bars between 'today minus 21 days' and 'today minus 42 days' to see if the graph approximates the conditions I (thought I'd) specified in the PCF.

Many thanks. Regards,
Posted: Monday, March 27, 2006 11:52:41 AM
Hi - thanks for this info. If I change the test symbol, I'll get the result of the calculation for another symbol. I'm looking for the 30 daily values used to calculate AvgL30.

I think it's the same using custom indicators - it gives me the results of the calculation on a daily basis, but not the values used to find AvgL30 and AvgL30.30.

Another associated problem with this PCF. The PCF described above yielded 72 results. I duplicated the PCF and EasyScan for 40 days instead of the 60 days above. The PCF was AvgL20/AvgL20.20*100 using 'value'. The numbers on the left side of the vertical rectangle (values on left side, rank on right side) are all 0. I updated PCF's but I get a message that all PCF's are updated. Since days 20-40 is less restrictive than days 30-60, it seems strange that I'd get 0 values returned for this second easyscan. Any thoughts--what am I doing wrong??
Posted: Monday, March 27, 2006 10:56:58 AM
Hi - I'm using AVGL30 / AVGL30.30 * 100 as a PCF to find a downslope/trend for days 30 thru 60 (I'm assuming this is from 30 days in the past to 60 days in the past). [I took this formula from your post entitled 'PCF's for Triangles.] In the Easy Scan, I'm using 'value' and a range of min to 77.18893 (range 1-1) [I've set it this low to limit the resulting symbols for testing].

I'd like to confirm that this is in fact what is happening. Is there any way to get at the source data being used by the formula to validate that I'm actually doing what I want?? Any other ways to confirm. I've looked at many of the charts that result, and some of the slopes are not what I expect.

Many thanks.
Topic: Double top/bottom trend
Posted: Thursday, March 23, 2006 9:32:21 AM
Hi - I'm still learning the product, so working on some basic 'how to's'. First, in the formula above, 100*MaxH21/MaxH21.21, what does the MaxH21.21 represent. I thought that (eg.,) MaxH10.20 would represent the high for the time period 10 days ago to 20 days ago, is this correct?? If so, what's the purpose of MaxH21.21 (same day?)

Also, the example uses 21 days to represent 2 months. Seems like 2 months would be 5 days times 8 weeks; how do we calculate this??

Lastly, is there anyplace where this type of info is documented??

Many thanks.
Topic: Quantifying up and down trends in Custom Indicators
Posted: Thursday, March 23, 2006 9:19:42 AM
Hi - can you pls advise what the syntax '&gt' in the example below represents?? Also, is there anyplace to get a list of various syntax like this?? thanks.
Topic: Support Resistance Trendlines
Posted: Tuesday, March 7, 2006 1:44:00 PM
Hi - I see that I can manually draw trendlines on the chart - is there a way to automatically determine as prices break thru the trendlines??

Are there PCF's to determine support and resistance treandlines??

Many thanks.
Topic: use calculated number as input to subsequent PCF/EasyScan
Posted: Tuesday, March 7, 2006 1:41:19 PM
Hi - is there a way to 'save' a price variable and use it as input to a subsequenct PCF or EasyScan. For example, if I use a double bottom, and determine a breakout price, can I calculate a watch/buy point that is the breakout point plus x% or $y?

Similary, if I want to watch the security to see when the price is x% above/below the breakout value, I don't want to recalculate the breakout value every time I run the EasyScan - is there a way to hold this value constant for a period of time??

Many thanks for your help
Topic: Replies to "PCFs and EasyScans for Candlestick Patterns"
Posted: Tuesday, March 7, 2006 1:17:14 PM
Hi - this is a great list for candlestick patterns. I didn't see one for the head and shoulders pattern - can you please help with the PCF for the head and shoulders reversal pattern. Many thanks.