Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

use calculated number as input to subsequent PCF/EasyScan Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
B4invest
Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2006 1:41:19 PM
Hi - is there a way to 'save' a price variable and use it as input to a subsequenct PCF or EasyScan. For example, if I use a double bottom, and determine a breakout price, can I calculate a watch/buy point that is the breakout point plus x% or $y?

Similary, if I want to watch the security to see when the price is x% above/below the breakout value, I don't want to recalculate the breakout value every time I run the EasyScan - is there a way to hold this value constant for a period of time??

Many thanks for your help
Doug_H
Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2006 2:02:52 PM

Worden Trainer

There is no way to do this that I'm aware of.

- Doug
Teaching Online!
bustermu
Posted : Tuesday, March 7, 2006 3:14:32 PM
B4invest,

If I understand your request correctly, you can do what you want.

For example,

1) We can create a PCF which will produce whatever preassigned numbers you please for each stock in a WatchList.

2) We can create a PCF which will produce the percent the close is above or below the preassigned numbers for each stock in a WatchList.

3) We can use a Custom Indicator to draw horizontal lines at the preassigned numbers for each stock.

4) We can use a Custom Indicator to plot the percentage change from the preassigned number each day.

You are going to have to work a little harder to request something that cannot be done.

Thanks,
Jim Murphy