Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: tonyofderby
About
User Name: tonyofderby
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 24
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Exponential Stochastics crossing
Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 1:18:15 PM
Bruce

That worked fine. Thank you.

Kind regards

Tony
Topic: Exponential Stochastics crossing
Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2006 12:28:05 PM
Hello. I am working with an exponential stochastic 20:2:9. Could you let me have the formula for the SK line crossing UP through the SD line, please? I plan to put this into a PCF. I also want to put an expression for the exponential stochastic into a PCF so that I can adjust the range readily in an Easyscan. You helped me with a similar problem once before, but on revisiting my notes I had problems!! Many thanks.
Topic: Intraday Volatility
Posted: Tuesday, June 6, 2006 11:49:53 AM
Hi Craig.

What you have given represents a measure of the range within a day, but it doesn't go far enough.

What I am trying to determine is a way of characterising how the share price moves during a day, between those high and low values. For example, does it (say) climb gradually and unfalteringly between the open and the close, or in an extreme case, does it oscillate between the high and the low many times during the day before it closes at the high? We have encountered shares that can do either, or even be less volatile intra-day but still be presented as (say) an identical daily candle without giving a clue as to what went on during the day.

I am trying to identify shares that are intrinsically volatile (or not) within the course of the day, not those that are volatile day-to-day.

I wonder if the data are available. If so, where are they and how can I manipulate them?

Regards

Tony
Posted: Saturday, June 3, 2006 10:41:04 AM
Hi Craig

Is there any way that the intraday volatility can be characterised using the existing features of TC2005? Is it possible to create a PCF, or are the data just not available intraday?

Many thanks

Tony
Posted: Saturday, June 3, 2006 5:19:17 AM
I have posted the above discussion item and would appreciate any thoughts from any of the trainers.

Regards

Tony
Topic: Custom Cumulative Indicator
Posted: Thursday, May 4, 2006 11:27:27 AM
Just to say, thanks guys. It's all working as I want it, now.

Regards

Tony
Posted: Wednesday, May 3, 2006 2:51:07 PM
Bruce

Many thanks. That is critical, as I have quite a few terms, so must check odd or even.

It's the little things that catch you out...!

Regards

Tony
Posted: Wednesday, May 3, 2006 2:19:08 PM
Bruce

This works on the simple case I have tested it on. Thanks.

For the indicator formula, you are multiplying together two terms that I would otherwise join with an 'AND' and use as a boolean function. Have you have done this because each term becomes +1 if true, and only when both are true will the formula be calculated to a value needed.

Is my reasoning correct?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Tony
Posted: Wednesday, May 3, 2006 12:35:18 PM
Hi Bruce

I have tried the method you outlined (actually using a simple stochastic passing up thro' 30, because it corresponds to what I have on a chart) and the cumulative indicator shows (as expected!) the accumulation of gains/losses.

The result is confused by the zero error previously discussed; the starting value for the accumulation is not zero. If it is possible to show the price change as a spike (up or down about a zero line), that would probably meet my needs.

Is that possible?

Also, could you explain the 'value to add or subtract'? I must be getting tired - it is the end of the afternoon here in the UK...

Many thanks

Tony
Posted: Wednesday, May 3, 2006 11:13:52 AM
Bruce

Correction on my earlier message: it is a Custom Cumulative Indicator I have placed in the bottom window, not your technique - sorry. The zero error is still there, but I can live with that; I just subtract it from the total for each chart on show to count the number of instances I can see on the chart, which also shows the stochastics as an overlay.

Tony