Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: whesse
About
User Name: whesse
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 9
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: CANDLESTICKS
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2012 10:53:57 AM

Thank you.... I agree with you. 

Topic: CANDLESTICKS
Posted: Friday, May 25, 2012 9:01:25 AM

Bruce... 

Is there an advantage using one setting or the other... say in Forex trading?  Having traded stocks for many years, Forex has become my fix. I would think, having traded stocks using net/change for so long that this setting would best represent the spirit of the candle relative to the over all pattern, trend and so on. 

Then I find, having spoken with several traders, Open v. Close is their setting. 

Bill

Topic: MACD / Stochastics Settings
Posted: Friday, November 14, 2008 9:50:54 AM
Good morning.  Are there, could there be a relationship of similar Stochastic settings (Period, SK period, SD period) that would correlate, reflect, work in unison with MACD settings (Short, Long, Period)??  That work well together? 
Topic: Moving Average PCF
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2008 7:35:36 PM
Thank you for responding.  The formula was constructed by clicking and adding to the blank page (as instructed from tech help)  from the criteria available in the PCF functions.  The actual formula is : 

C >= AVGC200.1 AND C >= AVGC40 AND C >= AVGC20 AND (C > 5 AND C <= 25) AND V >= 10000

I began to see stocks that were below the 40AVG and/or the 20AVG so I created a test to see if I could generate stocks with just the the 40 or 20 that came back false with just :

In one test ; C >= AVGC40   or in another test;  C >= AVGC20. Both came up with false.  However they did come back with not being over $25 and volume greater than or equal to 1 million shares. 
Topic: Moving Average PCF
Posted: Sunday, September 14, 2008 1:20:30 PM
hi..I created a pcf of stocks > than AVG40 with a false result and a >AVG20 as well with false results. the response comment is something to the effect of needing 200 days of data. I have historical data for years as a member.  also, why am i not able to change my e-mail address as i have moved.???
Topic: Price percent formulas
Posted: Saturday, January 21, 2006 11:18:57 AM
Hello,

I'd like to try this again. Does anyone know how to create a formula that produces a scan/search result that measures daily advance/decline of price as percent of the price of the stock? Example: $20 stock price falling/rising 10% on the day would be a $2 advance/decline in price. (C > 5% of O)????? (C > -5% O)??? (O < 5% O)????

Thank you,
Bill
Topic: Percent formulas
Posted: Saturday, January 7, 2006 11:47:53 AM
Hello,

I have pre-defined price range. How would I create a forumla to view scans of stocks that have increased/decreased 5% ON THE DAY, at the close of the day? C < C * (1.05)? / C > C * (1.05)? Am I close?
Topic: CMGI might be making a W any thoughts on it
Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2005 9:36:51 PM
You need to find real stocks with real stories making real money. CMGI is not one of them.
Topic: APCS, does it continue or sell off?
Posted: Friday, January 14, 2005 4:49:02 PM
APCS, does it continue or sell off?