Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: cguida
About
User Name: cguida
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 28
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: There Is Still Hope Yet - Check Out The Long Term Charts
Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2005 11:30:35 AM
Is there a way in WordensStudio to simply attach the chart, or chat settings, or paste a picture of the chart into a message?

In this game, it seems, a picture is worth a thousand deliniated chart settings.
Topic: New TCDK doesnt work
Posted: Sunday, April 3, 2005 9:57:52 AM
Attn Worden People:

Something serious is wrong with the TCDK. cTC2000 interface 'cannot connect to the TC2000server....'; i.e. previously working TC2000 code (late binding; VBA) no longer connects.

cTC2005 interface code (early binding) that worked few days ago now no longer works -- can't connect; some kind of Active X error.

Playing blind-man's-bluff trying to figure out why this TC code does not work is probably a losing proposition for us users.

I guess we can only hope the Wordens will respond in timely manner. I'll post this msg in various locations in hope of getting a response.

It is possible that the problem is here with me, but given the fact that nothing works as of the new upgrade... I doubt it.

Regards
Christopher Guida
Topic: Will the cTC2005 interface work with Office2000 VBA?
Posted: Friday, March 4, 2005 11:54:19 AM
Hi,

Will the new cTC2005 interface work with MsOffice2000 VBA or VB6? Or will it only work for Dot Net languages?

I put a more detailed version of this question in the TCDK forum. Not sure how to link to it.

Thanks
Christopher Guida
Topic: TC2000 Mutual Funds
Posted: Tuesday, March 1, 2005 8:53:20 PM
Does anyone know if there are any plans in the works to update TC2000-Funds to include some of the improvments in TC2000 v5?

In particular, I'm thinking of the TC2000 Stocks improved trendlines, which are much easier to use than the TC Funds (old style) trendlines.

Thanks
Christopher Guida
Topic: Excel VBA and TC2005
Posted: Tuesday, March 1, 2005 8:22:53 PM
Doug, Garth, Jim Dean,

Thanks for your responces.

I'm not sure I'm glad to hear that others have noticed how slow cTC2005 seems to be. I kind of hoped it was just me, and thus maybe easily fixed. On the plus side however, after some crashes and a data download, things seems have stabilzed here and even speeded up somewhat. So clearly some of my problem was specific to just me.

Is anybody out there interested in a discussion of what to do TC2005 and Excel, and the VBA nuts and bolts of how to do it?

I'd very much like to hear what other people do with TC2005/Excel, and to offer my two bits on the subject.

For example, I try to keep track of momentum currents by having Excel/VBA spin up %change tables in various time frames. Each time-frame is a two-colum pair consisting of symbol and %change. Each time-frame can be independently sorted. You can see how a stock or sector has done (%change), and you can see how these results stack up against others in the list -- (relative strength indicated by position in the list.) With alittle right-click functionality, you can apply color to the listings, and instantly see how an issue has held up across the various time-frames. You can also watch the cream float to the top.

This is something like the new Momentum Video, only the data is presented differently.

It's fun, and I'd be happy to go into details if anybody's interested.

But mostly I'd like to hear what other people are doing with Excel/TC2005.

If you would, give us a thumbnail sketch of your favorite VBA routines. We can figure out a way to post commented code, and maybe flesh out the skimpy Worden TCDK documentation. This would be a great help to me, and I'm sure other people too.

Do you know of other forums for TC2005/VBA besides this one? e.g. yahoo groups and such?

Thanks,
Chris Guida

Topic: Excel VBA and TC2005
Posted: Monday, February 28, 2005 11:29:17 PM
I've just begun experimenting with Excel VBA and TC2005.

The first thing I notice is that eveything has slowed down to a comparative crawl. Even tc2000 routines, like connecting to the the (late bound) TC2000 server takes something like 20 seconds now.

In addition, some TC2000 calls appear not to work correctly -- althouth I haven't had a chance to troubleshoot exactly why. All I can say is that some programs and routines in Excel/TC2000 are giving obviously screwy results since I loaded TC2005. This is un-nerving.

Again, working with TC2005 and Excel, it seems like even simple things like connecting (early bound) to the TC2005 server take forever -- 20 seconds or more. Looping through the StockLists collection is the same -- slow!

As an experiment, I tried to copy the names and contents of type 2 (personal) watchlists onto an Excel spreadsheet. After 20 minutes, the routine was still grinding away, posting about 3 stocks/second onto the spreadsheet. I gave up and pulled the plug on this experiment.

Is anyone esle having this experience, or is it just me doing something wrong?

I hope its just me, because I look forward to working with the new 2005 object model. Any suggestions?

Anyone interested in a continuing discussion of TC2005/Excel VBA techniques? There is alot to learn, and the rewards of getting Excel to work well with TC2005 are certainly worth the effort!

Here's a sample question: StockLists is noted in the documentation as a collection. Normally you can loop through collections with a For Each loop. So far, I haven't been able to get this to work. I have to use For X=1 to SFServ.StockLists.count

Can you get For Each... next Loop to work with the StockLists collection?

Thanks,
Christopher Guida