Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: amcbride
About
User Name: amcbride
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 4
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: need a formula
Posted: Saturday, May 16, 2009 10:52:49 PM
Hi Bruce...In answer to your questions, I'd like to modify my original  statement  in regard to Stochastics.
Basically, I'm looking for the same type of Stochastic that Steve Bigalow uses to find stocks that have been trending down and are now just beginning  to head back up.  He uses a Stochastic of 20, but as the market is probably going to be headed higher in the future, I'd like to find stocks whose Stochastic has fallen below 30 and has now risen 40% from the low.  The length of time spent at the low is not important, and at that point, the SK will be above the SD.
     In-so-far as specifics are concerned, I'd like a 13 day period with an SK of 3 and an SD of 4.  A simple moving average is fine.
     I have one further question and that concerns volume.  I'd like a stock with an average volume of 200,000.  In order to find this do I write 200000 or 2000?  

Thanks      Amcbride
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2009 9:22:36 PM
I'm trying to find stocks with a price between $5 and $20 that have an average volume of approx 200,000 shares per day.  I'd also like to have these stocks exibit stochastics that have been low (around 20) and are now starting to turn up as would be shown by a big percentage change to the upside.

For  price and volume, I can use C > 5 and C < 25 and V1 > 200000         
However, what formula can I use to find those stocks which have the above changes in stochastics?

Thanks for this and  also the answer to my  last question
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2009 8:09:17 PM
I'm looking for stocks that are oversold and turning up.  What formulas would I use to indicate the following:
1) 14 day rsi yesterday is less that 30

2)14 day rsi today is greater than 30

3)close today is greater than close yesterday and close today is greater than the 9 day EMA of closes

4) The EMA of the 50 day volume  is greater than 100,000
Topic: TeleChart Training Videos
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 8:15:32 PM

I just joined tonight and I cannot access the teledchart help/traaining videos.  When I cl;ick on the play button, I'm sent to this  site and no video appears.  Please advise