Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: skutney
About
User Name: skutney
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 10
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Nasdaq Tick, Advancers Decliners
Posted: Thursday, December 13, 2018 9:11:47 AM

I noticed that the NDVOL, NUVOL, QDVOL, and QUVOL has not changed at all for the last eight days. 

Topic: Export Symbols From Watch List
Posted: Monday, February 2, 2015 8:05:14 AM

I get an error when exporting data from version 7. The message says error with  no more detail. However, I noticed that more and more perferred stocks have been added to export all stocks.

To get around this problem I copied your system stock list to my owner personal watchlist called allstocks. I then go down the list manually and deleted the perferred stocks. Maybe the issue is that these stocks do not have volume or price data. Somehow they seem to be causeing the error. I doubt that I'm erasing all of them but it seems that  the export fails quickly. I erase only the perferred stocks that begin with A,B or C.

When  I do get an error it seems that the file that I used doesn't get reallocated and/or zeroed out. If I get an error the first time that I export I will get double data if I'm successful exporting the second time. My fix is to shutdown version 7, erase my export file and then restart version 7. Then export my personal watchlist called allstocks with some of the perferred stocks deleted.  

I'm using Windows 7 with the latest fixes. 

Thanks,

Steve 

Topic: Morningstar fundamental data one quarter behind?
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 10:01:13 PM

I noticed thate $NSDA, $DSDD, $NYEA, $NYED, NDVOL, NUVOL, QDVOL, and  QUVOL have not been updated the last two days.

In regard to the differnece between IBD and TC2000 V7. I've been trying to understand this problem for years. I've called Worden and they tell me the data comes from Morningstar.

I've compared compared IBD to actual earnings announcements. The data appears to be accurate. I think it's ProForma. I think that's the right word. Meaning that the company removes extra ordinary items. Like....sale of a building...paying claims resulting from a legal action.  At any rate it's the same numbers that are on the earnings announcements by the companys.

The %change in EPS in IBD means compared to the prior year. There numbers are generally accurate because they have a database which has the prior years numbers.  

IBD does not include companies based in a foreign country.

I'm not sure what the Morningstar numbers mean. 

When I get a request for Morningstar membership I disregard it.

Topic: MG113 Agricultural Chemicals
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 7:24:03 PM
When I look at a chart of MG113 for today the open is 206.86 the high is 8784.57 the low is 205.65 and the close was 212.16. It seems to me that 8784.57 is a bit high for a one day move.

Steve
Topic: state of the market
Posted: Saturday, April 28, 2007 9:41:05 PM
From what I understand the Markets rise can be attributed the decrease in the amount of tradable shares of stock on the exchanges. This is do to buybacks and private equity taking companies private.

I recall reading an article buy Warren Buffet in Fortune Magazine after the market drop in 2000. I don't recall the exact year. He said in the article that the US stock market would not advance much until about 2007. His reasoning was a comparison of the total market cap of the US stock market versus the total GDP of the entire country. He had this graphed on a chart. Prior to the drop in 2k the market cap was higher than even prior to the crash in 1929.

I know that you can get total GDP from government web sites. I don't know how you can get a total of the number of available shares to trade.

On the bear side the market historically starts going down in May.

Steve
Topic: MG844
Posted: Monday, November 20, 2006 3:22:02 PM
Craig,

Did you have any luck finding information on MG844? What happens to the historical data when stocks are removed from a group. This group may have contained more stocks at one time. What happens to the old stock history?

Steve
Topic: LUV a ready short.
Posted: Saturday, November 11, 2006 11:17:19 PM
I see lots of support around 13.19. I don't see the risk/reward in shorting this stock. I think it's just testing the fence.

Steve
Topic: Major Indexes don't look good.
Posted: Saturday, November 11, 2006 11:11:14 PM
I see the divergence using the MACD on all three major indexes on the daily chart. I also see it on other indexes that I follow plus a number of industry groups. I share your concerns.

Traditionally Thanksgiving week has been real strong so I'm unsure what to do.

We may get a short retracement this week with some upside the following week.

We shall see.

Steve
Topic: MG844
Posted: Saturday, November 11, 2006 10:43:16 PM
I each week I look at all of the industry and sub industry groups. This past weekend MG844 cought my attention. The MG844 group closed at 143.02. How is the MG884 value and volume calculated? I see that the group has three stocks. Those stocks and there values are: GTEM @ .31, GNCMA @ 14.32 and TMX @ 26.19. The chart of MG844 looks like GTEM. It would seem that a .31 stock would have a small influence on the group. GNCMA and TMX are trading near new highs and look nothing like the MG844 chart. Can you explain this?

Thanks
Steve
Topic: Elder-disk for TC
Posted: Thursday, September 1, 2005 11:58:12 AM
I have the disk. I will try to answer your question.

Steve