Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: redeyes
About
User Name: redeyes
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 18
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Can I import all the data file from TC2005 to Metastock 9.0?
Posted: Saturday, July 1, 2006 1:04:09 PM
Another option is to use Amibroker with the TC2005 data. The software reads the TC2005 database directly so you do not have to perform any data export. Many have stated that they like AB over Metastock for a number of reasons, including backtesting.

(URL removed by Moderator)

Dave
RedEyes
Topic: Parts of Easy Scans Missing
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2005 6:53:16 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Doug,

I will copy and paste the description and email it off to tech support.

RedEyes
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2005 3:04:04 PM
As a follow on to my previous post. I just remembered that I have TC2005 loaded on a second PC. So I compared the Easy Scans between the two.

It looks like I am missing simple elements like that of
Price per Share
Volume 90 Day
etc.

That would explain why I am also not able to sort my watchlists by "price".

Hope this helps clarify the problem.

RedEyes
Posted: Sunday, July 31, 2005 2:55:04 PM
Hi folks,

I have a weird situation with my Easy Scans. It appears that I am missing some of the components like "price" etc that I once had. Since I may not be able to explain this properly - allow me to illustrate.

For example I have the following Easy Scan that works fine:
Watchlist - All Stocks
Exchange - True (set for Nasdaq)

All my Easy Scans that only require true false conditions have not been affected.

But should I want to select only those stocks above $10 - I am not able to do so.

This is how most of my Easy Scans now look:
Condition Value Rank Count
Watchlist: All Stocks 6935
condition not shown 95.58 to Max 90 to 99 0
condition not shown 8.13 to Max 25.19 to 99 0
condition not shown 175.98 to Max 24 to 99 0
Exchange - True 0
{Add New Condition}

I don't remember what was in those area's marked condition not shown. That area is actually blank now and does not show "condition not shown".

I have no clue as to what went wrong nor how to fix it.

Help.

RedEyes
Topic: Dividend Yield Calculated?
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2005 4:32:24 PM
I have noticed a difference between what TC2005 reports as the dividend yield and that of Yahoo Finance (for example).

How is the dividend yield calculated in TC2005?

Are you using the total amount of dividends paid over the last 12 months?

Or are you taking the last dividend paid and multiplying by 4 and then dividing by the current closing price?

When and how often is the dividend data updated?

Do we have access to see this dividend information used in TC2005?

For example if we use BPT. Yahoo reports 7.02% yield and TC2005 shows 9.1%
Looking at the historical dividend paid totals $5.391. Using that figure and the closing price of $76.25 we get 7.07% yield. If we take the last dividend payment of $1.545 and multiply by 4 we get $6.18 which relates to a yield of 8.10%.

RedEyes
Topic: Power Outage
Posted: Friday, July 8, 2005 1:44:25 AM
Thanks,

I did that and didn't release it worked. What had me confused is that I had the date of 07/05/2005 up in the second line where it stated "Sorted by: 21 day NH (07/05/2005)". Even though I manually updated my PCF's it still showed the incorrect date. It didn't change until I changed to a different PCF. Just a little quirk in the software?

Once again, thanks for your help.

RedEyes
Topic: Power Outage
Posted: Wednesday, July 6, 2005 10:50:21 PM
Hi folks,

I suffered a power outage during the updating of prices and now it appears that I am one day behind in my scan results. The PCFs shows that calculations are done through yesterday 7/5, but the Worden Report is for today (7/6).

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks,

RedEyes
Topic: Telechart vs. others
Posted: Sunday, March 6, 2005 3:52:54 PM
Optiontrier,

For what it is worth, I tried Metastock and didn't care for it for a number of reasons. From memory ....

1. I didn't like that MS doesn't read the TC2000 data directly and that you have to perform a conversion routine.

2. I didn't like the way MS set up it's watchlists and that you couldn't easily step through each chart in the watchlist.

3. I think there was a limitation on the number of stocks in each folder or watchlist which turned me off but can't remember the details.

Just my two cents. A lot of folks have reported good things about Amibroker, with the biggest feature is that it reads the TC2000 database directly.

(removed by Moderator)

RedEyes
Topic: Cumulative Indicator as posted in Feb 1 Worden Notes
Posted: Wednesday, February 2, 2005 11:14:10 PM
Now I got it working, thanks. There is some real potential with this Cummulative Indicator.

How does it work? I am stumped and not afraid to admit it.

The up condition as well as the down condition are boolean expressions. And then the value to add field has 1+1 in it.

Doesn't seem logical to me.

Topic: Cumulative Indicator as posted in Feb 1 Worden Notes
Posted: Tuesday, February 1, 2005 11:06:51 PM
Hi folks,

I am interested in applying Sir Tisync's Cumulative Indicator as posted in today Worden Notes. But I must have missed something. How can this be an indicator when it looks like a true/false boolean operation, which is not allowed as a custom indicator?

I do not see the field "value to add/subtract" as he mentions that he puts a 1+1 in to get around the formula error.

Would someone please enlighten me?

RedEyes