Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: gunnels
About
User Name: gunnels
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 14
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Realcode to compare price to trend line
Posted: Wednesday, January 7, 2009 5:33:14 PM

Have been trying to write a realcode to compare price to a linear regression line or a trend line.  Not tbeen very successful, can you please tell me how to do this?

Thanks

Topic: creating indicator in SF
Posted: Tuesday, December 30, 2008 9:08:51 PM
Julia,
i used the low as you suggested.  This time it worked, but orginally i was using the low, i got the same incorrect answer.  i dont understand what is going on, but something is, as It may well work now but not tomorrow! I know this sounds crazy, but that is whats happening
Topic: Stockguys Haco chart
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2008 8:34:10 PM
I ran across Stockguys Haco chart/rules in S & C magazine,so i went to shared charts and downloaded his chart.  When i use the First Green Bar rule in a watch list the rule will light up for a chart that has one or any number of greenbars.  I am wondering if this is supposed to do this, I would assume that it would only light up if it is the First Green Bar, but no so.
Posted: Monday, December 29, 2008 7:32:33 PM

I tried using low at first but the results are the same.  I am simply trying to plot the average low of the previous 3 bars.  Again, the plot shown is todays low on the current bar, the days low on the previous bar, and some number, I dont know how it comes uup with it on the 3rd bar.

i dont think i am writing the code wrong, it's not that hard, but something isnt working right.

Help.

Posted: Sunday, December 28, 2008 8:45:40 PM
I have ask this before but have never received a real answer.  have tried numerous times to create a simple indicator in SF. in real code i am using the following code: Plot = ((price.maxlow(1)+price.maxlow(2)+price.maxlow(3))/3)......to plot the average max low for last three bars, not including current bar.  I have no idea how it is calculaing the plot, but it generally plots the low of the current bar on the last 2 plots and something different for other plots.  have used the SF reset numerous times, to no avail.  Could someone PLEASE tell me what I am doing wrong.

dg
Topic: stockfinder real code
Posted: Monday, December 1, 2008 9:06:28 PM
Well, thanks, but when I rright  click and select scaling,there is no scale with/price history. 
Topic: stockfinder real code
Posted: Monday, December 1, 2008 3:02:56 PM
I am attempting to write a very simple code, I printed the real code manual from blocks and read it to make sure i was doing this right but apparently I am not.
To make it simple, write and indicator to plot the max high over the last 10 bars.
Here is the code i used, and its from the manual
plot=price.maxhigh(10)......it plots the high 10 days ago, not the max high over the last ten day.

what am I doing wrong?
doug
Topic: backscanner
Posted: Saturday, December 9, 2006 9:54:25 AM
Am trying to learn how to use this. In trying to create a simple backscan, or so I thought, the results are nothing. In lieu of entering the steps I took let me just tell what I am trying to do and hopefully you can tell me how to write the scan.
Simply, down 2 days in a row followed by a gap up on a volume surge. I thought this would be easy. Wrong!

Doug