Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Hlprr
About
User Name: Hlprr
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 13
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Profitunity search
Posted: Monday, February 8, 2010 1:40:18 AM
In the "Quick Start" section of the RealCode Reference Manual
a test is suggested--"Plot = Price.Close".  When try this test I
get a compiler error--"Name 'Plot" is not declared".  I also tried
PlotColor with the same result.  Why doesn't this tricky little API
compiler like me?
Posted: Monday, February 1, 2010 3:41:58 PM

Bruce

Can I use the exchange. on which an issue is listed. in my search?  If so, what is the dataname or string name to use?

Posted: Friday, January 29, 2010 12:09:52 PM
Ash-

Good to hear from a BW veteran.  I am not a trading novice, nor a BW novice.  I have read all 3 of his books, multiple times.  I assure you, I read these book over one year ago (I will not say how much over one year).  After all this time, I still struggle with BW's greatest rule, "Take only what the market is willing to give."

Will you be willing to share the nuts and bolts of your trading system?  I, too, am a dummy, I know this because the market regularily tells me so.  Therefore, the generalities of your post will help me only if I know what part of BW's system has been successful for you.  It sounds as if you may be a Wiseman2 invester.

If you don't want to post the details of your trading rules, my eMail is jxpickett@gmail.com

Joe 

II 
Posted: Thursday, January 28, 2010 2:30:21 PM
The stock sort is super slow.  Is there any way to speed this up?  I have a fast chip and plenty of memory, therefore all records should sort (sort/Merge) in a very few minutes, but the current sort (probably a tag sort) takes around 2 hours.

That's not all, it goes to sleep and has to be restarted from time to time.  How can I avoid this condition?
Posted: Tuesday, January 26, 2010 10:20:33 AM
How do I create a StockFinder watchlist from issues that pass my searches?  In Telechart there are a number of methods of creating subsets of watchlists from other watchlists (other than manual rekeying).
Do any exist in StockFinder?

Can I create watchlists directly from my scans?
Posted: Monday, January 25, 2010 2:57:22 PM
*****************FOUR QUESTIONS***************************************************
1....Can I create a dataname for the Awesome Oscillator, so that I can use it in the logic of my code?  For example, in my search, I would like to have code that tested for Awesome Oscillator > 0, or < 0.

2....Do you have a definition for Alligator Oscillator Oscillator?  I am unfamiliar with that from Bill Williams' books.  Both AO and AC are known to me.

3.....Do you have code for any other Bill Williams indicators?  For example "Squat," "Fake," "Green," or "Fade"?

4.....Can I use data from the Telechart Data Sheet in my StockFinder searches?
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:54:54 PM
-Bruce,

When I learn to compile the above post without errors, the next step is to replace SMA19 with the Jaw, (Blue line in Bill_Williams[1]) line.  Can you tell me how to effect this?
Posted: Wednesday, January 20, 2010 7:45:09 PM
-Bruce,

A few days ago you sent me a Layout called Bill-Williams[1].  The assumption is that it similates Bill Williams' Alligator, which I love.  But, I have been unable to get a Realcode routine which scans for issues that "roughly" qualify for Bill Williams' Wiseman1.  Earlier, someone had sent me similiar code, which I copied and pasted into my Realcode, and modified slightly.  I have a SMA19 of price and a SMA90 of volume.  When I attempt to compile, MA and VolAvg are undefined.  Can you help me debug this?  Following is the copy/paste of the Realcode in question:  

'# MA = movingaverage.indicator
'# VolAvg = movingaverage.indicator.2
If price.high < MA.value * .99 AndAlso _
 price.low < price.low(1) AndAlso price.close > (price.high + price.low) / 2 AndAlso _
 VolAvg.value > 500 then pass
Topic: Bill Williams' Alligator formula
Posted: Thursday, January 14, 2010 4:00:59 PM
Several months ago, Bruce L furnished me with formulas that simulated Bill Williams' " Alligator" charts.  Are those same formulas usable in Stockfinder.  If so, how do I code them in Stockfinder?  If not, please code them in the Stockfinder code.

Is it possible to write the product of searches/filters in a Watchlist having a watchlist "dataname" usable in both by both Telechart and/or Stockfinder?
Posted: Wednesday, January 13, 2010 3:36:06 AM
I have the Average indicators, a data base (sp500) and code (presumably a clean compile) in the layout with no errors noted, how do I execute the search?  Are the data passing the search, written to a new watchlist or coded in some fashion?  

Please provide me a Programmer's Manual.  I have written many BASIC programs using several BASIC
subsets.  Also, I need a list of Reserved Words for this subset.  Of what BASIC compiler  is this a subset?  MS Visual?

Hlprr