Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: ctfrombt
About
User Name: ctfrombt
Groups: Beta Testers, Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 54
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Backscanner in SF5......does it work yet????
Posted: Thursday, March 7, 2013 6:07:46 PM

Bruce,

Sorry I missed your response. When I try to plot price volatility in SF5.1 (from the predefined menu) I get a pane that is blank and the indicator header is MovAvg 21.

Topic: watch lists from TC2000 not in Stockfinder
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2013 9:55:51 PM

Is there a way for watchlists created in TC2000 to be accessible in stockfinder? This used to work in older versions.

Topic: Backscanner hangs up and runs intermittantly
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2013 5:13:05 PM

I seem to have continuing problems with backscanner hanging up or not displaying all results. Is there someone who could look at a layout and try to figure out why this is happening? It seems to be getting worse. At one time I never had major problems like I do now. It's a great tool. It's a shame it isn't being incorporated into TC2000

Topic: Backscanner in SF5......does it work yet????
Posted: Sunday, October 7, 2012 3:12:10 PM

Bruce,

How can I install SF4? I understand that price volatility real code from SF4 can run in SF5. SF5's does not seem to work.

Topic: Which should I have ... TC2000 V12 or StockFinder?
Posted: Monday, October 3, 2011 2:33:17 PM
For what it is worth the backtesting capabilities coupled with the real code make SF a stand out. I'll bet 99% of the users of TA cannot produce reliable backtesting data to validate their assertions in a statistically rigorous way. The lack of discussion on this site of backtesting reflects this. I spend a lot of time using SF to verify claims being made by people and very few stand up.  I sure hope some form of backtesting is included in TC2000.
Topic: StockFinder 5.0 Build 20 - End of Beta
Posted: Sunday, January 23, 2011 11:01:33 AM
It was mentioned in the last 2 webinars on TC2000 that SF5.1 was going to be frozen as the last version. Is this in Beta?
Topic: Cumulative RSI
Posted: Monday, June 28, 2010 9:19:08 PM
Thanks Bruce, That worked fine. Interesting way to do it. Calculates quickly also.
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 8:24:22 PM
Bruce,
Another question. How do I reference a past value for Wilder RSI? I'm trying to compare values over the past several days. Do I need to do this in Real Code?
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 1:07:09 PM
Bruce, No need to answer. Didn't think enough about it. Easy to do using Rate of Change.
Posted: Sunday, June 27, 2010 1:03:02 PM
Bruce,
In Active Trader magazine they discuss a Connors approach where they look for 3 consecutive days of lower Wilder RSI(2,1). I've constructed a PCF for this in Telechart. In SF5 do I need to write Real Code for this or is there an easier way?