Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Tann3r
About
User Name: Tann3r
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 5
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Near VWAP alert / Scan
Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 11:33:50 AM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

Make sure the period is set to 1 and that it was added to the VWAP. Then it should follow the VWAP exactly.

Oh, okay got it! Thank you so much - this is really awesome! I can't quite figure out how to set an alert based on that though... Sorry for all the questions. 

Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 10:53:15 AM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

Unless it is a Moving VWAP, you can't do it as a formula, which is one of the reasons I suggested adding the Envelope Channel indicator to the VWAP indicator on the chart.

You will create the condition by clicking on either price or the Envelope Channels and selecting Create Scan Condition.

Oh, okay... I added it, but it doens't follow alonge with VWAP at all really. Instead it is either above, below or almost moves independent based on the selected period. 

Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 10:44:26 AM

Sorry, I meant .5%, shouldn't matter much as that will be easy to change (just couldn't figure out how to edit my post)

Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 10:40:03 AM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

Add a 1 period envelope channel to the VWAP indicator and then set the Width setting to an arbitrarily narrow value which you would see as being "close to VWAP" (with 1.00 being 1%).

You can then create a condition based on where price is relative to the enevlope channel instead of the VWAP itself.

Perfect, thank you. I'd want to do +/- 1.5%, I'm still having a litte trouble writing it though, is there any way you could provide me with the formula? Thank you so much! 

Posted: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 10:27:01 AM

Because I like VWAP plays, I want a way to be alerted if I'm watching a particular stock for a pullback when it gets close to VWAP... I understand that there's a PRICE xUP VWAP 5MIN, but what I'd like to do is to be alerted when it gets close to VWAP (so an advanced notice) and I'd also like to use the condition in a scan as well - both for long and short varients. Is this possible? I tried to looking at past threads and even writing my own formula to no avail. Thank you in advance!