Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: shell
About
User Name: shell
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 19
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: pcf/scan
Posted: Wednesday, November 16, 2005 2:07:09 PM
Hi,
I did all that and found the error on #5, corrected, and went on to name scan and add new conditions on all 6 lines. got no results. The min/max windows don't seem to let you adjust to where they are sugg. 100.01 to max so I went as close as possible with no results either. Mark at tech said he has 3 diff. formulas than i show, which I got from you. Now what? Mark entered his new 3 in and got 3 dark cloud covers on stocks under $1 out of 10 shown. I've had this thing almost 2 months w/no results. Michelle
Topic: dark cloud cover pcf
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2005 5:49:43 PM
Hi,
From the start, I went to New--PCF--named it-Close as % of Open 1 day ago. It took me to edit formula and I typed in--C1/01*100
tested--results on IBM : 84.36/1.00*100.00 result:8436.00
Then I repeated these same steps New--PCF--#2 named, formula,test,results, save. etc. same on #3, #4, #5-got syntax error and #6 got result 77.82 w/23 days to create criterion.
The formula I used on #5 was:(((((C1<=01)*C1)+((C1>01)*(-1))-L1)/(H1-L1)*100
Is that correct formula?
AM I doing anything else wrong so far that you see?
Thank You, Michelle
Topic: Having trouble getting PCF to work without getting Syntax error
Posted: Tuesday, November 1, 2005 4:04:01 PM
Ok, I'll enter them each separately. was told by Craig/or guy in email I didn't have to. Tx. Michelle
Topic: Having trouble getting PCF to work without getting Syntax error
Posted: Friday, October 28, 2005 6:16:51 PM
I have entered the following PCF to get a scan for Dark Cloud Cover:
1. C1/01*100
2. ABS(C1-01)/(H1-L1)*100
3. ((ABS(C1+01)/(H1=L1)*100/2)-L1)
4. (((((C1>01)*C1)+((C1<=01)*01))*(-1))*(-1))-L1)/(H1-L1)&100
5. ((((( C1<=01)*C1)+((C1>01)*(-1))-L1)/(H1-L1)*100
6. (H1-L1)/(AVGH21.1-AVGL21.1)*100

We did the update before putting in the PCF. When we checked for the results all we got was a Syntax error and after double checking everything. What are we doing wrong and why won't it work for us? Any help you can give would be soooo appreciated. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks, Shell
Topic: Steps to take to use EasyScan to Use Dark Cloud Cover candlesticks on my personal watchlist.
Posted: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 1:56:48 PM
I have created a personal watchlist for the options, now I want to be able to use the Dark Cloud Cover. I went back and tried entering all the criteria into PCF and got syntax on the 1st line. Couldn't go any farther.
Close as % of Open 1 day ago (100.01 to MAX)
This is really getting stupid. I watched the video for the 4rth time.
What is going on? Why can't we have this as a standard scan?
If I can't get this to work soon, I am returning it. Do others have success and get all stocks with dark cloud covers to appear on a list?
Please help me more. Thanks, Michelle
Let's take it right from the 1st click of the mouse!
I already have a personal watchlist created--Oct. Earnings that we can use. 270 stocks are in it.
Topic: Trouble installing candlestick PCF's
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 6:16:06 PM
Does TC2000 let people email each other w/permission that are working on same thing like candles?
Like Doug and Clif? my email is(removed by Moderator)
I have some great candle info they'd like if they figure these scans out before I do! LOL..
Michelle
Topic: Trouble installing candlestick PCF's
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2005 6:07:04 PM
Hello,
We are going for dark cloud cover scan for our PW:
On the new PCF we entered the following;
1.Close as % of Open 1 day ago (100.01 to MAX)gave us correct in number form.
2.Body as % of candle 1 day ago (50 to max) gave us #'s.
3. Range 1 day ago as % of Average (100.01 to max) gave us in # form.
4. Close as % of Open (min to 99.9) gave #'s.
5. It says Bottom of body today --there isn't one!??
6. Top of Body---there isn't one!??that we see to choose from.
Now what?
We rewatched all of the videos. Should we be doing the Boolean?
How come dark cloud cover isn't an auto scan, since candles are so widely used?
Frustrated and still in pursuit, Michelle
Thanks for any future guidance. We appreciate your help.
Topic: Replies to "PCFs and EasyScans for Candlestick Patterns"
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2005 1:39:03 PM
Hi Craig,
I'm still trying to run a dark cloud cover scan on my personal watchlist called October Earnings. When I ran the scan, numbers just showed up.
I looked back on notes, still don't know what I'm missing.
Help! Michelle
Posted: Friday, October 7, 2005 4:49:46 PM
Craig, Probably due to the fact that I left an email + phone I'm not finding my last post but I did check my emails and didn't see anything there. My main question is that I want to scan by the actual candlesticks and get results without getting the actual dollar amounts to show. Is this possible! I know I'm not explaining this well and I really do know what My intentions are, it is on my personal watchlist thast I want to do the candlestick scan. Thanks, Shell
Posted: Thursday, October 6, 2005 12:56:45 PM
Craig, This Is Shell again! Hi! I have gotten to the point where I got ht Dark Cloud Cover Critria in my sort by list finally. For the most part you are understanding correctly. I only have One Watchlist. Actually. that's not true. I have 3 Watchlists I want to Scan by using the candles. Each one needs to have its own scan. How do I calcutate the formula. On the instructions, It says the next step is to calculate the formula and I came to a stand still there. Keep in mind I want to so the same sort on all three of my lists. Is there anyway you could e-mail or even call me to talk to me? (removed by Moderator) Thank You!!! Shell