Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: JimmyP
About
User Name: JimmyP
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 28
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Payout ratio EasyScan Condition
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2008 8:12:45 PM
Is there a way I can create an EasyScan condition to give me payout ratios  (Dividend / EPS ) ?

Thanks
Jim
Topic: MACD Histogram pfc problem
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2008 10:07:53 AM

Tried again. Went to Create New Easyscan, selected All Stocks, added the pcf as a new condition, it reads 128. My MACD on my template is set at 20 40 30 exponential, plot a histogram, visible. I am using closing prices for 6/18. 
I'll contact support
Thanks again for your quick reply and help.
Jim

Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2008 9:41:49 AM
Thanks for the quick reply Bruce!
I must be missing something. Here is the pcf copied from my create a pcf box. By itself, it returns 128 charts  (which do not fit the criteria). 
I have MACD in my Chart Templete set at 20 40 30
My Scan is set at All Stocks (7134) and this pcf. Nothing else.
What am I doing wrong?

(XAVGC20 - XAVGC40) > (XAVG(XAVGC30,20) - XAVG(XAVGC40,30)) AND (XAVGC20.1 - XAVGC40.1) < (XAVG(XAVG30.1,20) - XAVG(XAVGC40.1,30))

Thanks again
Jim
Posted: Thursday, June 19, 2008 12:34:32 AM

I copied the pfc "MACD Histogram Crossing from Negative to Positive" 20 40 30 , from "Understanding MACD" 04/01/05, but when I run a scan with that pfc, only 3 of 113 stocks fit the criteria. the other 110 were well into positive territory. I did update before running the scan and I ran it with the MACD Histogram pfc that was also provided in the scan, and without it.
Can you tell me what pfc will actually show stocks that are going from negative to positive.
Thank You
Jim

Topic: What does it take to become a successful investor?
Posted: Sunday, July 30, 2006 9:53:02 PM
Greetings
I highly recommend three book that Worden puts out. "Street Smart Chart Reading I" and "II", and "Trader's Manifesto". Read them and then read them again. I've found them to be invaluable in attaining the right mindset for trading. Then read as many of the Daily Worden Reports,training and strategy videos, and notes as you can.
LOL
Topic: Fundamentals vs Technicals
Posted: Sunday, July 30, 2006 4:35:10 PM
I agree diceman. I didn't mean to give the impression that I only rely on techs. There are those who believe only in techs but I will not invest or trade in a company unless there is actually something behind it. If my position goes south and for some reason I get caught in it, I like to know that there is something of substance behind the shares I own. My standards are not too strict, but for example,I will never buy shares of a company with negative BV no matter how good the techs look. It helps me get at least some sleep at night.
I find a stock like HSR interesting because here we have a chance to watch techs and funds square off. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Topic: Fundamentals vs Technicals
Posted: Saturday, July 29, 2006 3:14:17 AM
Greetings All
With July 28th's Worden Report in mind, where Sir Rocket Scientist presents his support for fundamentals, I present for your observation and analysis, HSR. an aerospace/defense co.
Year end earnings came out a couple hours after market's close. Fundamentals are very good, and earnings and revenue increased on an increase in sales. Technicals on the other hand are the complete opposite. Price is on the downside of a head and shoulders top with indicators failing.
It will be interesting and educational to watch what happens and see which has more influence. Techs or fundamentals.
Best Regards
Topic: How much is the Middle East really affecting the market--A Contrarian Take
Posted: Monday, July 24, 2006 2:25:39 PM
Greetings
With all due respect to BigBlock, the conflict in the middle east began in 1948 with the creation of Israel. The US involvement began in 1978 when the Mullahs took over Iran and had escalated with every unanswered attack against the U.S. U.S.indecision and weakness led directly to 9/11. This of course had a huge negative effect on our markets and economy.
It seems that in regards to geopolitical events, shows of strength and positive action are viewed as a plus for the markets.
People don't like uncertainty. Prior to the invasion of Iraq when the debate over if and when to go to war raged on in Washington, the markets were down. Right after a decision was made to go to war,they began to move up. (I would also propose that if a decision was made to not go to war, the markets would have gone uo as well because a decision was made.) Following this line of thought, the action taken by Israel could be seen as a positive decisive move, at a time when indecision reigns regarding the Middle East.
In defense of the argument as put forth by mr1976, this event however has not been significant enough to counter the economic factors that are the driving factor in todays markets. Geopolitics may be the cause of some of the economic news, such as the supply of oil and it's effect on the economy, but it is still being viewed in the context of it being an ecomomic matter.
A subscriber once wrote to one the Worden brothers (don't remember which) and suggested that the downturn in the market after 9/11 should be disounted in TA because it was a one time unusual event. Mr Worden replied that no matter how unusual an event, it should always be considered because it did in fact have a real effect on the markets, economy, etc. and the markets would react accordingly. This suggests to me that TA can be a useful during times like these as well as less turbulant times.
Best Regards to All
Topic: Thoughts on OCN and FMRX
Posted: Monday, July 24, 2006 12:36:40 PM
After 1 1/2 months of consolidation, OCN seems ready to breakout to the upside. Price has remained above all moving averages with the exception of the 20 day which was violated briefly. TSV, MS, and OBV have been strong and show positive divergences especially on long term charts (look at 1 month). BOP has been indicating acumulation, and volume has remained strong.

Although under $1 and very speculative, FMRX looks interesting.
Positive divergences in TSV (mainly due to a buy of around 2 1/2mil shares on 7/19), OBV (same as TSV), and especially MS, in all time frames. Price is above 20 and 50 day MA and at 100 day. Heavy BOP accumulation started back in Sept 05, and after a lull at the bottom from May to beginning of July, is strong again.
Topic: A double bottom ... at the top?
Posted: Monday, April 18, 2005 8:54:31 PM
I sure hope you had a stop in place!
I guess TSV failing to reach a new high along with price on the 13th was a warning sign, and the drop in price along with TSV and MS on the 14th, the day before earnings reported, was another.
It's amazing how quickly things can turn against you.
As Mr Worden says, the market owes you nothing.

LOL
Jim