Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: pcarma
About
User Name: pcarma
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 26
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: bollinger bands inside a keltner channel
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 1:27:42 PM
ok...that works well...thanks!
Posted: Friday, May 30, 2008 9:29:52 AM
Bruce - is there a way to turn this into an indicator to view on every chart I see?
Posted: Friday, April 18, 2008 2:13:45 PM
Bruce - anyway to draw this request from scratch? It is definitly the TTM squeeze strategy that Diceman referred me to but the formula's are not able to be calulated...any help would be appreciated.
PC
Topic: Uncover the stocks driving the strongest industry groups
Posted: Wednesday, April 9, 2008 12:09:38 PM
craig - I was watching the video and I don' have the " all media general Industry Averages" selcetion..is this for platinum members only?
Topic: Uncover the stocks driving the strongest industry groups
Posted: Wednesday, April 9, 2008 12:09:29 PM
craig - I was watching the video and I don' have the " all media general Industry Averages" selcetion..is this for platinum members only?
Posted: Wednesday, April 9, 2008 11:53:32 AM
diceman - thanks for the help, but i am still haveing trouble creating the an easyscan  to match my  tradestation one. I read the post..its a a little confusing to follow - it seemed that there were a few questions about indicator's and not scans...unless I miss read them

what would be the formula for an Easyscan that shows the BB inside the Keltner?

Thanks again
Posted: Tuesday, April 8, 2008 5:23:57 PM
I use Bollinger bands to find break out ideas. when the bands get "narrow", a breakout is about to occur, as I understand them. 

I would like to build a EasyScan to find for stocks that have narrow Bollinger bands that actually "fit" inside the Keltner Channel of the same length...this is way above my knowledge to write it so I look to the guru's of TC for help! 
Is there a way to build a formula for this odd request? 

All help is much appreciated! 

PC
Topic: Price vs Moving Average
Posted: Wednesday, March 26, 2008 9:20:04 AM
Hi - I looked around the site and couldn't find this. I am looking to build a PCF that shows a stocks price moving above or below a SMA...How should that formula look? 
Thanks
Topic: MACD Cross
Posted: Thursday, February 14, 2008 9:06:26 AM
Stockguy helped me build the MACD formula below- and I am trying to tweek it a little. I'd like to add criteria that filters out the daily macd turning up (like the first formula) but I want to show only stocks that have a positive monthly MACD...so the filter will sort out all stocks that have the MACD crossing up 1 day ago and then find thaose that meet that criteria and also have a positive monthly MACD... Is this possible?

Below 0 crossing up
(XAVGC12 - XAVGC26) < 0 AND (XAVG(XAVGC12,9) - XAVG(XAVGC26,9)) < 0 AND ((XAVGC12.1 - XAVGC26.1) < (XAVG(XAVGC12.1,9) - XAVG(XAVGC26.1,9))) AND ((XAVGC12 - XAVGC26) > (XAVG(XAVGC12,9) - XAVG(XAVGC26,9)))

Above 0 crossing down
(XAVGC12 - XAVGC26) > 0 AND (XAVG(XAVGC12,9) - XAVG(XAVGC26,9)) > 0 AND ((XAVGC12.1 - XAVGC26.1) > (XAVG(XAVGC12.1,9) - XAVG(XAVGC26.1,9))) AND ((XAVGC12 - XAVGC26) < (XAVG(XAVGC12,9) - XAVG(XAVGC26,9)))
Topic: MACD Cross
Posted: Wednesday, January 30, 2008 4:43:25 AM
winnie, thanks for the input.