Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: wpeary
About
User Name: wpeary
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 17
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Fundamentals: Huge Earnings Growth in Stocks with Net Losses.
Posted: Saturday, January 23, 2016 9:26:37 PM

Please explain the fundamental data that often shows huge earnings growth in stocks that show large net losses and negative Returns On Equity.  For instance the following symbols show:

ACRX  -129% ROE,  +185% EPS % change latest quarter

AVEO   -231% ROE,  +150% EPS % change latest quarter

FXCM   -1,356% ROE,  +2,672% EPS% change latest quarter

I assume this is due to net losses being reduced from the quarter a year ago.  Is that the explanation for the seeming contradiction in fundamentals?  Thank you.

Topic: Volume Surge vs. Volume Buzz
Posted: Saturday, July 25, 2015 3:08:19 PM

Just to be clear, is volume surge the same as volume buzz?  Your help index only lists volume buzz, but it sounds like they're the same thing, that is, they measure the percent of volume at the time of the day compared to a stock's average volume for that time of day.  Right?

One more question.  How might you suggest I tweek volume surge in an Easyscan as to find stocks that have not already blasted off into the stratosphere, but might do so shortly?  For instance, setting one day volume surge at 90 to maximum, tends to produce a list of "bubble stocks" already up huge.  I'd like to find them just before if possible. (don't we all!)

Topic: Return On Equity vs. P/E discrepancy
Posted: Friday, May 15, 2015 8:02:53 PM

A question about fundamentals:  I notice most stocks have a positive P/E ratio, so they must have earnings, yet a number of these show a negative Return On Equity.  How can there be a negative Return On Equity with positive earnings?  This doesn't make sense. 

This is important because some successful stock picking methods use Return On Equity as a major component for ranking stocks.  So is there any explanation for this discrepancy?  Is your data on Return On Equity reliable?  Thank you.

Topic: PCF for Industry Groups Advance/Decline
Posted: Saturday, November 22, 2014 6:36:33 PM

I need a PCF that will tell me how many symbols in a watchlist, like Industry Groups, are rising minus falling each day.  Then cumulatively add this to the prior day's value.  This is an Advance/Decline line for Industry Groups.  Can this be done?  Thank you.

Topic: PCF for Industry Groups Advance/Decline
Posted: Saturday, November 22, 2014 6:33:47 PM

I need a PCF that will tell me how many symbols in a watchlist, like Industry Groups, are rising minus falling each day.  Then cumulatively add this to the prior day's value.  This is an Advance/Decline line for Industry Groups.  Can this be done?  Thank you.

Topic: 90% Volume Days PCF
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:49:07 PM

I need a PCF for Percent Up Volume / Percent Up Volume + Percent Down Volume.  This should be calculated on a common index like the stock-only NYSE as your T2 indicators use.  This is also referred to as Buying/Selling Volume Ratio  calculated as % of Volume in Advancing Issues / % of Volume in Advancing Issues + % of Volume in Declining Issues

Technical analysts look for 90% Volume Days as a sign of strength where 90% of volume has gone into advancing stocks or 10% Volume Days as a sign of weakness where only 10% of volume has gone into advancing stocks and 90% of the volume has gone into declining stocks.  It should be a T2 indicator but I cannot find it.  I also did a search and could not find it.  This measure of the market has been around for years and I need help constructing a PCF for it.  Thank you.

Topic: Pivot Detector Oscillator/PID Oscillator
Posted: Monday, July 5, 2010 8:34:57 PM
I'm looking for a PCF for the Pivot Detector Oscillator/PID Oscillator which is a modification of RSI.  It's available as an add-on for MetaStock provided by Daedalus and developed by a guy named Siligardos.  Your search function came up with nothing.  Thank you
Topic: Creating a MACD from a Relative Strength line
Posted: Friday, October 2, 2009 7:13:25 PM
How do I create a MACD from a Relative Strength line?  When I click 'Add Indicator' in a window with a RS line drawn on it, it calculates the MACD  for the price chart, not the RS line.  Thank you.
Topic: MACD of a Relative Strength Line
Posted: Sunday, September 27, 2009 6:28:37 PM
How do I create a MACD of a Relative Strength Line.  When I click Add Indicator over my 'RS vs. S&P500' line, it calculates a MACD on the price data.  I want to calculate it on the Relative Strength line.
Topic: McClellan Summation Index
Posted: Monday, June 8, 2009 8:36:30 PM
Which stocks are used for calculating the McClellan Summation Index (T2118) in Telechart?  I'd like to compare it to a relevant stock index or composite index of the stocks used to calculate it.  Thank you.
Warren Peary