Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

90% Volume Days PCF Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
wpeary
Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2013 7:49:07 PM

I need a PCF for Percent Up Volume / Percent Up Volume + Percent Down Volume.  This should be calculated on a common index like the stock-only NYSE as your T2 indicators use.  This is also referred to as Buying/Selling Volume Ratio  calculated as % of Volume in Advancing Issues / % of Volume in Advancing Issues + % of Volume in Declining Issues

Technical analysts look for 90% Volume Days as a sign of strength where 90% of volume has gone into advancing stocks or 10% Volume Days as a sign of weakness where only 10% of volume has gone into advancing stocks and 90% of the volume has gone into declining stocks.  It should be a T2 indicator but I cannot find it.  I also did a search and could not find it.  This measure of the market has been around for years and I need help constructing a PCF for it.  Thank you.

Bruce_L
Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:50:45 AM

Worden Trainer

It is not possible to construct your own market indicators in TC2000. You are limited to using market indicators which are built into the program as T2 symbols.

It should be noted that you could construct this in StockFinder using the Custom Market Indicator feature.

Custom Market Indicators
Market Indicators from Conditions

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles