Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: BillÇochrane
About
User Name: BillÇochrane
Groups: Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 40
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: MOBO indicator
Posted: Thursday, May 18, 2017 8:35:53 PM

[/QUOTE]

I use as a True  for MOBO UP (dots below - price above)

C > BBTOP(.8, 10, 0)

and True for MOBO DOWN (dots above - price below)

C < BBBOT(.8, 10, 0)

[/QUOTE]

I use the same C>BBTOP format, but I throw in a C>XAvgC50  (0r C<AvgC50) to be consistent withthe MBOB write up that I found.

Topic: Request/Suggestion Next Earnings Date in Options Watchlist
Posted: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 9:10:10 AM

I was playing around, and I tried to add Next Earnings Date as a column to the watch list of options I own, and it doesn&#39;t work. Of course not, options don&#39;t have earnings. But I think it would be helpful to show the Next Earning Date there. In theory, if options can be linked to the stock, then in turn they can be linked to Earnings date.

Let me hasten to say that the suggestion is a convenience factor, and should only be done if the effort is somewhere between minimal and reasonable. Vague concepts, I know, but the people who priortize enhancements will know what I mean.

Cheers

Topic: PCF For Williams Vix Fix - Finds Market Bottoms
Posted: Monday, April 24, 2017 9:18:35 PM

FWIW, an alternate approach to the the TrueInRowformula Bruce put together in his Feb 21 post is

CountTrue(100 * (1 - L / MAXC22) >= 85 * MAX(1 - L1 / MAXC22.1, 49) OR 1 - L / MAXC22 >= AVG(1 - L / MAXC22, 20) + 2 * ABS((SUM((1 - L / MAXC22) ^ 2, 20) - SUM(1 - L / MAXC22, 20) ^ 2 / 20) / 20) ^ .5, 10)

Which returns the number of Green Lines in the last 10 days. This formula would return a count of 9 if the second last was not green,whereas the original formula would return a count of one

Topic: Hiding a panel in a Chart
Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017 10:50:51 AM

The TTM chart you developed plots the Price in the top panel and TTM indicators (Momentum & Squeeze) in the second panel.

I have added a panel which plots the "price"of the associated Industry (iX2350 for example) and then a fourth panel which plots the same TTM indicators,but for the Industry.

Having done so, I want to hide the industry price plot panel. I tried "pinning" it, but can&#39;t do that because the TTM Panel requires it&#39;s data. I try to hide it manually by dragging the upper dividing line down to the lower dividing line, shrinking the panel height. My issue is that the panel keeps coming back to its original height whenever I return to that chart.

Is there some way I can make it "disappear" permanently?

Thanks

Topic: How to signal Worden Stochastics has moved up/down in last 2 periods.
Posted: Friday, September 9, 2016 9:38:18 AM

Have you tried Create Scan Condition - New High or Low with a two bar period?

Topic: PCFs work separately but not together
Posted: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 3:40:18 PM

Have you tried

(H >= 1.07 * AVGL7.1 AND MAXH7.1 < 1.07 * ((AVGH7.1 - AVGL7.1) / 2 + AVGL7.1) AND MINL7.1 > .93 * ((AVGH7.1 - AVGL7.1) / 2 + AVGL7.1))

OR

(MAXH5.1 / MINL5.1 <= 1.05 AND (MAXH5.1 <= C5.1 * 1.05 AND MINL5.1 >= C5.1 * .90))?

I added brackets around each expression to avoid confusion about AND OR sequence

Just a thought, I haven&#39;t tried it

Topic: About EPS Data
Posted: Wednesday, May 4, 2016 12:48:47 PM

Please pass on my thanks for this to the people responsible

Topic: RSI one bar ago
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2016 11:14:14 AM

The procedure I outlined above will wotk from an intraday chart, I don&#39;t think you need a PCF

Topic: How do I setup an easy scan to search in NASDAQ, AMEX, and Russell 2k in one scan?
Posted: Monday, May 2, 2016 11:11:34 AM

Russell 2000 should be findable when you set up a new scan, or modify an old one:

In Edit; List To Scan, type 2000 in search box

Topic: How do I setup an easy scan to search in NASDAQ, AMEX, and Russell 2k in one scan?
Posted: Sunday, May 1, 2016 4:28:53 PM

FYI Russell 2000 is Small Cap, while Russell 1000 is larger Cap. Together they mak eup the Russell 3000, which I use in place of US Common Stocks watch List, just as you indicate, to avoid penny stocks etc.

There is no way to scan across multiple watch lists. You could copy all the stocks into one Personal watch list, and scan that. Given that you are looking at "major" exchanges, or larger cap stocks, this list should be fairly stable.

The Russell 1000 might be a fairly good approximation of what you want, larger cap stocks across multiple exchanges.