Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: mike_valkyrie1
About
User Name: mike_valkyrie1
Groups: Gold User, Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 10
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Computer specs
Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 12:05:25 PM

Bruce,

Thank you for the clarifications on the Custom PCF Indicators calculations. That is where a more powerful processor should help.

Would you please explain the meaning of user interface painting ? (Sorry for being so persistent)

Regards

Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 11:34:51 AM

Bruce,

Would you please explain the meaning of user interface painting and the impact on the selection of computer hardware.

My setup is displaying many simultaneous graphs using numerous customs indicators requiring lengthy calculations. When I configured those indicators, TC2000 notified that the calculation speed would be Very Slow. Are those calculations done on my computer or on your server?  If done on my computer won't I benefit from a faster computer ?

Thanks

Posted: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 10:54:59 AM

Bruce,

Could you clarify your second paragraph for me?

a) are you saying that there is no advantage in having more than a one-core processor (if it were to exist) ?

and

b) that the graphic cards will be running mostly idle waiting for the processor one-core to feed them with data ?

I am currently using a four-graphic card computer driving eight monitors.

Thanks

Posted: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 2:09:08 PM

ok, will get back to you next week

Posted: Tuesday, September 12, 2017 2:01:20 PM

Bruce,

As discussed last week I am posting my question again:

I am about to replace my computer. What is the number of processor physical cores TC2000v17 can take advantage of (4, 6, more)
Also would like to know if TC2000 will use Intel logical cores Hyper-Threading Technology ?

Thank you

Michael

Posted: Tuesday, September 5, 2017 2:58:51 PM

Thank you !

Posted: Tuesday, September 5, 2017 2:23:31 PM

Thank you again Bruce,

I will take your latest reply under consideration and ask again next week to complete the overall picture.

I am currently using version 12.6 but sometimes using version 17 to get a feel for the differences.
So far so good, version 17 seems more responsive than version 12.6 which sometimes lags a little bit. (I am displaying many simultaneous graphs using numerous customs indicators requiring lengthy calculations).

Is there really a difference in my computer performance between the two versions or I am imagining things ?

Posted: Tuesday, September 5, 2017 1:06:34 PM

Thank you Bruce for your quick answer, I appreciate.
I understand what your saying but still would like to hear from your collegue next week if that is possible.
How do we get in touch ?

Posted: Tuesday, September 5, 2017 12:44:53 PM

I am about to replace my computer. What is the number of processor physical cores TC2000v17 can take advantage of (4, 6, more)
Also would like to know if TC2000 will use Intel logical cores Hyper-Threading Technology ?

Thank you

Michael

Topic: Canadian indexes and component stocks
Posted: Friday, March 20, 2015 1:04:37 PM

I am also interested in getting Canadian real time data, even for a fee!