Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: stephencardillo
About
User Name: stephencardillo
Groups: Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 15
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Scan Question (custom formula?)
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2012 3:36:29 PM

Thank you.  Last question of the day regarding scans.  Since I am working all day I am missing trade opportunities left and right.  I want to set up an alert on any stock in my watchlist that has the following criteria as an example:

-Stoch RSI Overbought (daily)

-Stoch RSI crossed down (daily)

-MACD crossed down (hourly)

I know I can right click on the condition and add an alert but is there a way to create an alert that will adhere to multiple conditions?

Steve

Posted: Monday, April 2, 2012 3:14:40 PM

Are easy scans now only for platinum members?  I can't be certain but I thought I could access them as a gold member prior to the update. 

Steve

Topic: Custom Scan?
Posted: Monday, April 2, 2012 2:29:51 PM

Hello,

I'm a newbie to TC2000 and I think I posted this question on the wrong spot earlier. 

Can you scan your watchlist for the following criteria?

1. Price of stock on hourly hitting the 200ema?

2. Hourly macd 12,26,9 crosses up or down the expontential moving average of 9?

3. Candle touch or candle cross of the 200 EMA on the 1 minute chart?

I looked for the above scans in the pre-loaded list but didn't find anything.  Can three independent formulas be created to scan for these conditions in my watchlist?  Just to be clear, I don't want one formula that where all 3 of the above must be true to work.  Hope that make sense. 

Thank you,

Steve

Posted: Monday, April 2, 2012 2:24:30 PM

Just to clarify that was three seperate scans that I wanted to do on my watchlist.  I don't want the scan to have to have all of these conditions be true to produce a result.  Hope that makes sense.

Steve

Posted: Monday, April 2, 2012 1:58:10 PM

Can you scan your watchlist for the following criteria?

1.  Price of stock on hourly hitting the 200ema?

2.  Hourly macd 12,26,9 crosses up or down the expontential moving average of 9?

3.   Candle touch or candle cross of the 200 EMA on the 1 minute chart?

I looked for the above scans in the pre-loaded list but didn't find anything.  Is there a formula for this I can add as a custom scan?

Thank you,

Steve
Topic: Moneystream Webinar Archive from 4/21/09
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2012 10:22:19 PM
Thank you Bruce.  That clears that up and was able to set them up very easily on TC2000.  Much appreciated.  For MS Divergence what is the forumla for a negative divergence.  

Thank you,

Steve
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2012 1:01:48 PM
Got it.  Thank you.  If I wanted to scan for divergences on Stochastics RSI or Moneystream what would those formulas look like?  I swear that is my last question.  Thanks!
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2012 12:38:39 PM

Thank you for your prompt reply.  I went into My Conditions in TC2000 and added the formula above.  When I tested it the response was 'False'.  I am guessing I did something wrong.

Posted: Friday, February 17, 2012 9:17:34 AM
On the webinar from 4/21/09 Julia has a rule written that searches for positive divergences called MS Divergence.  Is there a way to write this rule into the TC2000 version 12 for the daily charts only?  Using basically 90 candelsticks (90 days) as my search criteria.  

Thank you,

Stephen
Topic: SPY (can someone double checking my technical analysis)
Posted: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 3:36:34 PM
Thank you both for your replies.  I don't really look at fundementals for that very reason.  They are skewed.  I am more focused on technicals by identifying trends, divergences and trying to catch the middle of the move with a monthly option.  Take my 20% and get out.   I've had a decent amount of success when I trade in the direction of a move.  

Stephen