Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: sam0127
About
User Name: sam0127
Groups: Gold User, Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 28
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Fundamental Data Searches
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 11:55:33 PM

Bruce, thank you for your response.

My observation is that when I do my scan, as described, and cross reference he results with Investors Business Daily the scan results are not validated with the IBD numbers.

To be clear, if I run a fundamental scan from your service for EPS LATEST YEAR > 25% then I would expect to take that output and cross-reference to IBD and see latest year EPS numbers above 25%. I do not see that. There is no correlation, not even close.

Topic: Fundamental Data Searches
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2014 9:30:59 AM

Love your service with technical searches and charting, however, fundamental information is also extremely important to me.

I have tried finding PCF codes for fundamental and have s far been unsuccessful. What is more troublesome is I have also gone to the LIBRARY icon, selected FNANCIALS AND STATS then selected an item, such as EPS PERCENT CHANGE LATEST YEAR. I then selected above 25%. The search yielded stocks that did not meet the 25% criteria and in fact appeared somewhat random in nature.

I have tried this exercise with several different funamental selections an ave had the same results, ranom data results.

What is up with this and what is the solution ?

Sam

Topic: BETA
Posted: Monday, October 29, 2012 5:06:56 PM

HOW WOULD i IDENTIFY STOCKS WITH A BETA GREATER THAN 2.0 ON SCANS?

Topic: CONSOLIDATION SCAN
Posted: Friday, October 26, 2012 10:38:30 PM

I know you can, but would you please help me develop a scan that will find stocks that currently have a consolidating price pattern.

I can fill in the qualifiers once I have a scan that will identify consolidation.

Thanks

Topic: 55 - DAY Breakout to the Upside
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2012 6:28:12 PM

thank you

Topic: 55 - DAY Breakout to the Upside
Posted: Friday, October 12, 2012 5:49:08 PM

Hello,

I don't do much with PCF's, mainly because I am very programmer challenged.

However, I am wanting to create a scan that will identify stocks that are having a 20 day breakout to the upside. What I am looking for are stocks with the current price the highest it has been in the last 20 trading days.

I know this is child's play for you but would you mind enlightening me.

Thanks,

Sam

Topic: How Do I Paste A Formula After Copying It ?
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 6:20:34 PM
Can someone please help me with the keystroke for pasting after copying a formula.
Topic: Trending Stock Search
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 6:04:33 PM
Thanks Bruce

I know how to copy the formula but am having trouble with pasting it.

Please refresh me with that keystroke again for pasting a formula.

Thanks
Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 2:24:39 PM
It needs to have a positive, or negative, linear regression preferably with a somewhat narrow average range.

I don't have tha answers to the questions you are asking. I don't want to be too rigid with parameters and miss good candidates.

I would rather have a somewhat broad list and refine it with conditions and visual examination. However, I would like to start with a base list of stocks with a distinct visually defined trend moving either up or down.

I think I read somewhere that the ADX indicator is helpful with identifying trending stocks if applied properly.

Posted: Monday, January 16, 2012 1:14:40 PM

Trending either up or down, not sideways.

Intermediate would be weeks, long-term months.

Could you give me some input for a more ambiguous objective definition ?

What I am looking for are stocks with good EPS  (over 25%) for the last year that are in a sustained trend (up or down but not sideways). I would prefer stocks without high volatility.

My objective is to identify good covered call candidates as well as good vertical spread candidates.