Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Fundamental Data Searches Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
sam0127
Posted : Monday, April 14, 2014 9:30:59 AM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Love your service with technical searches and charting, however, fundamental information is also extremely important to me.

I have tried finding PCF codes for fundamental and have s far been unsuccessful. What is more troublesome is I have also gone to the LIBRARY icon, selected FNANCIALS AND STATS then selected an item, such as EPS PERCENT CHANGE LATEST YEAR. I then selected above 25%. The search yielded stocks that did not meet the 25% criteria and in fact appeared somewhat random in nature.

I have tried this exercise with several different funamental selections an ave had the same results, ranom data results.

What is up with this and what is the solution ?

Sam

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, April 15, 2014 1:31:39 PM

Worden Trainer

I have reproduced the exact steps described in your post but could not reproduce the results. Absolutely every one of the symbols returned by the EasyScan had an EPS Percent Change Latest Yr of 25% or greater as verified by adding a WatchList Column for EPS Percent Change Latest Yr.

Building a Scan with Multiple Conditions
Adding and Editing WatchList Columns
Plot historical fundamentals from Morningstar

If you are getting random results instead, then please contact technical support.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
sam0127
Posted : Monday, April 21, 2014 11:55:33 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

Bruce, thank you for your response.

My observation is that when I do my scan, as described, and cross reference he results with Investors Business Daily the scan results are not validated with the IBD numbers.

To be clear, if I run a fundamental scan from your service for EPS LATEST YEAR > 25% then I would expect to take that output and cross-reference to IBD and see latest year EPS numbers above 25%. I do not see that. There is no correlation, not even close.

Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2014 9:38:43 AM

Worden Trainer

Our fundamental data is provided by Morningstar and updated on a daily basis. Any scans are going to be based on the data in our program.

If you think specific data is in error, you can send that information to the following email address so it can be reviewed and corrected.

support@tc2000.com

Sending just a few specific examples and indicating there are many others symbols with similar issues might allow data to pinpoint why the values would be different.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles