Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Azam
About
User Name: Azam
Groups: Member
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 13
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Scale in during oversold and scale out during overbought
Posted: Thursday, January 27, 2011 5:07:25 AM
Dear Trainers,I only trade S&P related ETFs. Currently I am trading SPY. I would like to back test my strategy where I sell 50% of SPY position when it moves up, crosses, then closes below a specific envelope and repurchase it 50% (i.e 100% of portfolio) when you crosses down and closes above a specific indicator. Then I would like to draw the equity line of that strategy.Look forward to your assistance.Regards,Azam
Topic: Minutes Data is incomplete
Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2010 12:17:00 PM
The address where to place the file does not exist probably for Stockfinder version 5. The folder trees that I have is C:\Users\(username)\Documents\StockFinder5\My Files\ and then I have the following folders: Backup, Code, My charts, My conditions, My indicators etc...Could it by in the My Files folder?
Posted: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 4:07:51 PM
Dear Bruce,Thank you for your swift reply. I watched the videos and got the attached indicator in the indicator folder. I also pasted the SPYHourly.csv into almost all available folders but the reader somehow could not read it. Kindly tell me how to fix this issue.Regards,Azam
Posted: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 3:29:45 PM
Thank you Bruce for the file. I could not get the file to open as a chart in Stockfinder. Do I need to write a realcode program to open it? If there is a readily chart, I would highly appreciate it.Regards,Azam
Posted: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 11:21:02 AM
I have an issue with the intraday data that I have downloaded when I upgraded to Platinum. On the install, it says approx. realtime minute data file is 4.7 Giga. However, when I downloaded from two different computers, the file was only 320 mg. The Hourly data I am receiving is upto July 2010 which is far below the maximum 5000 bars that is set in the data manager. I called and they said that I should uninstall and reinstall the files. It did not work. Could it be that your servers are downloading a truncated file? Is there a log that you can check out? Also, if you can kindly send me a csv file for SPY containing Hourly data. I highly appreciate it.Regards,Azam
Topic: Plotting Daily EMA with offset and envelopes on a 30 min chart
Posted: Tuesday, November 23, 2010 5:07:16 AM
Thank you for your assistance, Bruce. I also have an issue with the intraday data that I have downloaded when I upgraded to Platinum. On the install, it says approx. realtime minute data file is 4.7 Giga. However, when I downloaded from two different computers, the file was only 320 mg. The Hourly data I am receiving is upto July 2010 which is far below the maximum 5000 bars that is set in the data manager. I called and they said that I should uninstall and reinstall the files. It did not work. Could it be that your servers are downloading a truncated file? Is there a log that you can check out? Also, if you can kindly send me a csv file for SPY containing Hourly data. I highly appreciate it.Regards,Azam
Topic: Plotting Daily EMA with offset and envelopes on a 30 min chart
Posted: Friday, November 19, 2010 4:30:45 PM
Dear Bruce,I have searched the forum, and tried the blocks as per one of your answers but could not succeed.I am trying to plot 10 DAY EMA offset 1 day with daily offset Envelopes on 30 minute charts.Also, on another seperate subject can I offset a daily indicator by 5 daysLook forward to your reply.Regards,Azam
Topic: Kindly Explain Trailing Stops in Back Scan
Posted: Wednesday, October 6, 2010 12:55:22 PM
Thank you bruce. It is still not behaving as expected so I sent it to technical support.
Topic: Kindly Explain Trailing Stops in Back Scan
Posted: Wednesday, October 6, 2010 11:42:24 AM
I have just tested a buy when William AD crosses X and Sell when Williams AD crosses Y. Then at the bottom I entered a trailing stop condition to "Exit all At Close" zero bars from now when 5% retracement occurs. I kept optimizing the result until the retracement was "0.2%"!!! while getting spectacular results. When I exported the data for analysis, although I STILL like the system, I am getting drawdowns up to 8% and Worst Exits up to 5% How can that be if the retracement is set at 0.2%!Look foreward to your assistance.
Topic: Real Code for Market Breadth Oscillator
Posted: Wednesday, October 6, 2010 1:38:48 AM
Thanks Bruce.