Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Minutes Data is incomplete Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Azam
Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 11:21:02 AM
I have an issue with the intraday data that I have downloaded when I upgraded to Platinum. On the install, it says approx. realtime minute data file is 4.7 Giga. However, when I downloaded from two different computers, the file was only 320 mg. The Hourly data I am receiving is upto July 2010 which is far below the maximum 5000 bars that is set in the data manager. I called and they said that I should uninstall and reinstall the files. It did not work. Could it be that your servers are downloading a truncated file? Is there a log that you can check out? Also, if you can kindly send me a csv file for SPY containing Hourly data. I highly appreciate it.Regards,Azam
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 12:44:35 PM

Worden Trainer

Newly installed minute data only has about 4 months of data.

Note: I re-uploaded a newer version with the headers removed at about Tuesday, November 23, 2010 4:00:00 PM ET.

Attachments:
SPYHourly.csv - 168 KB, downloaded 869 time(s).

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Azam
Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 3:29:45 PM
Thank you Bruce for the file. I could not get the file to open as a chart in Stockfinder. Do I need to write a realcode program to open it? If there is a readily chart, I would highly appreciate it.Regards,Azam
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 3:37:10 PM

Worden Trainer

Ah, I'm sorry. I thought when you requested a CSV file, you had probably already explored how to use it in StockFinder or had another use for it.

There isn't a way to actually import external data, but StockFinder has the ability to Plot external CSV data contained in a text file.

Market Data Reader Overview
RealCode File Reader Overview

As noted in the videos, the file must be in your \My Documents\StockFinder5\(Your Username)\DataFiles\ folder (StockFinder instead of StockFinder5 for SF4). If the folder does not already exist, you will need to create it.

Attachments:
HourlySPY.sfIndRC - 5 KB, downloaded 799 time(s).

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Azam
Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 4:07:51 PM
Dear Bruce,Thank you for your swift reply. I watched the videos and got the attached indicator in the indicator folder. I also pasted the SPYHourly.csv into almost all available folders but the reader somehow could not read it. Kindly tell me how to fix this issue.Regards,Azam
Bruce_L
Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 4:14:14 PM

Worden Trainer

If you have watched the videos, there really isn't much more I can tell you.

Make sure you are using the newer version of the CSV file with the headers removed (I know you aren't currently doing so as this version of the file has not yet been downloaded) and that the CSV file is in your \My Documents\StockFinder5\(Your Username)\DataFiles\ folder. If these requirements are met, the Indicator attached to my Tuesday, November 23, 2010 3:37:10 PM ET post should Plot the data.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
Azam
Posted : Thursday, November 25, 2010 12:17:00 PM
The address where to place the file does not exist probably for Stockfinder version 5. The folder trees that I have is C:\Users\(username)\Documents\StockFinder5\My Files\ and then I have the following folders: Backup, Code, My charts, My conditions, My indicators etc...Could it by in the My Files folder?
Bruce_L
Posted : Friday, November 26, 2010 9:09:16 AM

Worden Trainer

If the folder is not there, you will need to create the folder from within Windows.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles
tnmc77
Posted : Friday, February 25, 2011 9:30:04 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

I have tried everything that has been mentioned here and the video but can not import data.
tnmc
tnmc77
Posted : Friday, February 25, 2011 10:06:59 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

I was able to import it by using the following...
Dim mdr As New MarketDataReader("MyData.csv") instead of currentsymbol...
tnmc
Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 8:00:13 AM

Worden Trainer

I am happy to read you were able to figure it out on your own.

-Bruce
TC2000 Support Articles