Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: ssspector
About
User Name: ssspector
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 10
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: What is going on with Worden???
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2015 5:30:42 AM

I wonder how invested Worden is in their products?  Seems like a lot of changes towards the negative:

* lack of transparency with product changes and launches

* no more trainings

* very expensive pricing relative to the competition

* ZERO communication about anything with customers, especially platinum who pay exorbitant fees

If i  wasn't so lazy, I'd leave and move to another platform and candidly, I've begun looking.

Seems like they ought to get their customer service act together or I suspect an exodus of customers given competitors seem to be much more customer service focused.

Topic: Best Stop Indicator
Posted: Thursday, November 12, 2015 5:22:29 AM

no such thing as "best" although if you believe in the average true range of a stock, it is a great visual to help you gauge when you should exit...time frame is key though along with using a stop intraday or as of the closing price...it gets pretty complicated but the key is for you to make it simple...you have to find your comfort zone and then pick an appropriate stop that helps you manage risk which is the key...

you can google average true range and you'll find some great studies that can guide you

Topic: Scanning for volume...
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2015 12:36:39 PM

thanks!!

Topic: Scanning for volume...
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2015 12:05:00 PM

What is the best way to scan for stocks that have volume at least 2 times greater than the 52 week average?  It's not clear to me what Moving Up % or Moving Up Smart scans for but any help in creating the scan would be appreciated.  

Topic: IPO Scan
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2015 5:53:54 AM

I've read several notes about finding IPO's and all of the suggestions seem quite inefficient.  It would be great if a condition could be created so that we could easily scan IPO's given buying criteria is often very different.  Currently, I'm manually entering names into tc200 because other services (free) can capture them.  

Topic: T2100
Posted: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 4:50:03 AM

I understand adv/dec; however, it's not clear as to what the number represents.  So, for example, yesterday T2100 closed at 13,300.  What does 13,300 actually mean and how is it calculated?

Thanks, Stuart

Topic: Indicator for Rolling or Trending Stock
Posted: Tuesday, December 3, 2013 7:58:42 PM

i agree with everything diceman says...personally, my short term portfolio is based on weekly entries and exits and i've been holding some positions for a few years...my longer term portfolio uses monthly entries and exits...i say that only to dispell the notion that longer term traders don't rely on technicals...i'm pretty much all technical...i keep things very simple though and only use 2 moving averages and volatility stops to keep me on the right side of a trend... i used to rely on several indicators but found they are all variances of the most important thing, which is price... so i decided to stop using indicators and focus solely on price...if your leg ain't broken...you don't need a crutch...and i liken most indicators to a crutch...having said that...trading is evolutionary and it's all about finding what works for you...good luck and enjoy the journey...

Topic: Relative Strength vs. XXX New High
Posted: Saturday, September 7, 2013 6:49:51 AM

Any thoughts on how to write a PCF for Relative Strength new highs? i generaly use the indicator vs. VTI but would like to be able find stocks making new highs.  I'd be happy with 26 week or 52 week or just some direction on how to write the PCF...

Thanks