Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: melnick88
About
User Name: melnick88
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 9
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Need Help With A Formula Please!
Posted: Monday, December 3, 2018 1:02:32 PM

Hello,

I would like the formulae for the following.

1) A list of names that are putting in a green daily bar(intraday) where the current day low of the stock is lower compared to the low of the previous10 trading days.  This green bar is being judged by "open vs close", not "net change"

2) A list of names that are putting in a red daily bar(intraday) where the current day high of the stock is  higher compared to the highs of the previous 10 trading days.  This red bar is being judged by "open vs close", not "net change"

Thank You A TON!

Best Regards,

Mark

Topic: Need Help- Formula Change
Posted: Thursday, January 5, 2017 8:27:36 AM

Thank you Bruce-- its been awhile since I pasted code in.

Can you show me how to paste this into a scan for TC2000(newbie question..i know)

Thanks again!!

Topic: Need Help- Formula Change
Posted: Wednesday, January 4, 2017 7:53:29 AM

Hi I have been using this

O1 < C1 AND

(C1 - O1) >= (H1 - L1) * 0.5 AND

ABS(O - C) <= (H - L) * 0.15 AND

O >= ((H1-L1) * 0.5) + L1

It usually shows me a green candle followed by a doji candle.  How would I set a scan that shows me a red candle followed by a doji candle?

Thanks

Topic: Need 3 things for coding scans
Posted: Tuesday, September 15, 2015 8:41:31 AM

Bruce,

I couldn&#39;t get those other scans discussed above to work correctly.

However Id like to have a watchlist of stocks I choose that can show me when theyre "bullish under my parameters" and "bearish under my parameters"

This will be my bearish scan

H - L > 3 * (O - C) AND H - C > .6 * (H - L) AND H - O > .6 * (H - L) and STOC12.3 <= 25

This will be my bullish scan

(((H-L)>3*(O-C)AND((C-L)/(.001+H-L)>0.6)AND((O-L)/(.001+H-L)>0.6)))

I have a watchlist of stocks that change every day.  How would I go about having the above formulae apply only to the watchlist of stocks I enter every morning?

I have gotten to the point where I created a watchlist and I added in the parameters.  How do I make this stream?  It hasnt been working...Id like those little "green checks to come in intraday"

I added a screenshot:  http://imgur.com/hVXlyIl

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Mark

Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2015 3:14:28 PM

Also for the "hammer Bars" I&#39;d like to set on the chart can I use the following i.e.

(((H-L)>3*(O-C)AND((C-L)/(.001+H-L)>0.6)AND((O-L)/(.001+H-L)>0.6))) AND  H= MAXH1

(((H-L)>3*(O-C)AND((C-L)/(.001+H-L)>0.6)AND((O-L)/(.001+H-L)>0.6))) AND H= MAXH2

Posted: Sunday, September 13, 2015 3:12:24 PM

Bruce,

I have setup the scans:  18 of them for now, to represent the 9:30am-11:00am trading day on the 5 minute chart.

1)  I can&#39;t stream more than 5 things so I&#39;m assuming I will have to manually scan them?  Can I set an infinite amount to refresh every "X amount of seconds/minutes?"

2) In my example in the post above, am I to assume that the scan will only work for each 5 minute bar?

i.e.

9:30am - 9:35am   H - L > 3 * (O - C) AND H - C > .6 * (H - L) AND H - O > .6 * (H - L) and STOC12.3 <= 25 AND H = MAXH1

9:35am - 9:40am   H - L > 3 * (O - C) AND H - C > .6 * (H - L) AND H - O > .6 * (H - L) and STOC12.3 <= 25 AND H = MAXH2

9:40am- 9:45am    H - L > 3 * (O - C) AND H - C > .6 * (H - L) AND H - O > .6 * (H - L) and STOC12.3 <= 25 AND H = MAXH3

9:45am - 9:50am    H - L > 3 * (O - C) AND H - C > .6 * (H - L) AND H - O > .6 * (H - L) and STOC12.3 <= 25 AND H = MAXH4

9:50am - 9:55am    H - L > 3 * (O - C) AND H - C > .6 * (H - L) AND H - O > .6 * (H - L) and STOC12.3 <= 25 AND H = MAXH5

Thanks in advance Bruce,

Best Regards,

Mark

Posted: Friday, September 11, 2015 2:41:19 PM

Bruce lets say I copied these Formulas into 5 seperate scans and set them on the 5 minute chart

H - L > 3 * (O - C) AND H - C > .6 * (H - L) AND H - O > .6 * (H - L) and STOC12.3 <= 25 AND H = MAXH1

H - L > 3 * (O - C) AND H - C > .6 * (H - L) AND H - O > .6 * (H - L) and STOC12.3 <= 25 AND H = MAXH2

H - L > 3 * (O - C) AND H - C > .6 * (H - L) AND H - O > .6 * (H - L) and STOC12.3 <= 25 AND H = MAXH3

H - L > 3 * (O - C) AND H - C > .6 * (H - L) AND H - O > .6 * (H - L) and STOC12.3 <= 25 AND H = MAXH4

H - L > 3 * (O - C) AND H - C > .6 * (H - L) AND H - O > .6 * (H - L) and STOC12.3 <= 25 AND H = MAXH5 

Would the first scan only work i.e. on the first 5 mins, and the second one on the next 5 mins, etc?

Posted: Friday, September 11, 2015 1:40:34 PM

Thank you Bruce!

Posted: Friday, September 11, 2015 12:39:53 PM

Hello,

I&#39;m new to the TC2000 software and I was wondering if I could get help on 2 things.

&bull;#1  I have a scan that shows inverted hammers intraday.  Here is the formula

H - L > 3 * (O - C) AND H - C > .6 * (H - L) AND H - O > .6 * (H - L) and STOC12.3 <= 25

I wanted to know if I could add something to the scan code that would show inverted hammers that made day highs. This would mean that the "top of the candlestick tail made day highs"

&bull;#2 I have a scan that shows hammer candlesticks intraday.  Here is the formula

(((H-L)>3*(O-C)AND((C-L)/(.001+H-L)>0.6)AND((O-L)/(.001+H-L)>0.6)))

I wanted to know if I could add something to the scan code that would show these hammer bars making day lows. This would mean that the "bottom of the candlestick tail made day lows"

&bull;#3 Is there any scans out there for Bull and Bear Flags? (Bull Pennant and Bear Pennants)

I appreciate all the help anyone can give.  Thank you!

Best Regards,

Mark