Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: peterdiazdeleon
About
User Name: peterdiazdeleon
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 30
[0.01% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Tool Bar Zoom Controls
Posted: Tuesday, May 16, 2017 4:13:32 AM

What happed to the chart tool bar zoom controls?  There use to be a zoom-in and a zoom-out.

How do I zoom now?  The scroll wheel is hit or miss for me.

Thanks

Peter

Topic: Horizontal Scroll Bar on Charts
Posted: Saturday, June 11, 2016 3:50:25 AM

Bruce,

Thanks for the heads-up. 

The Date/Zoom and Timespan buttons disappeared due to my light grey chart backround.

If I change the chart color backround to a very dark or very light color they show up for me.

Thanks for your help

Peter

Topic: Horizontal Scroll Bar on Charts
Posted: Friday, June 10, 2016 3:52:38 AM

Bruce,

With version 16 what happened to the horizontal scroll bar that use to apper at the bottom of the charts?

I am currenty looking at verstion 12.5 and at the bottom of all of my charts is a horizontal scroll bar along with a set of tabs labeled 5Y, 1Y, YTD,6M,3M,1M,1W,1D,Today

I cannot seem to find the same functionality in 16.

If I move to  15 minute chart and  I want to zoom in and look back a couple of days I would use the use this to scroll to the left.  This functionality  appears to have disappeared or hidden with version 16.

Thank you

Peter

Topic: TTM Waves
Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2014 6:44:28 PM

QUOTE (donv98)

QUOTE (jpag1)

Donv98

Have you tried to replcate the  3 waves in TC2000?

I have a rough approximation so far.

I am using the formulas:    C-XAVGC50, C-XAVGC21, C-XAVG5 for the long, intermed.,and short waves.

I don't yet know how to approximate the dual colors for each wave.

Just finished watching John Carter's 1 hr ABC   teaser which trys to get you to pay $497 for a class and a license to the A, B and C waves on one of the several supported platforms.

Anyway, noticed he showed FSLR (39:53 in the video) and the C wave is above and below the zero line (John's words).  Our approximation is pretty much above zero.

-Peter

Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2014 1:46:35 PM

QUOTE (diceman)

QUOTE (peter.diazdeleon)

Can anyone shed some light on the 2 formulas

c-avc(period 5,25,50)

v-avgv(period5,25,50)

Not sure how to create these in PCF.

Thanks

Peter

Probably 6 PCFs short, mid, long-term.

C-XAVGC5

C-XAVGC25

C-XAVGC50

V-XAVGV5

V-XAVGV25

V-XAVG50

Once created you set the period to 5 for a little more smoothing.

(at least thats my take from the discussion above)

Thanks

diceman

Thanks.

Peter

Posted: Sunday, August 31, 2014 5:15:46 AM

Can anyone shed some light on the 2 formulas

c-avc(period 5,25,50)

v-avgv(period5,25,50)

Not sure how to create these in PCF.

Thanks

Peter

Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2014 8:35:27 AM

QUOTE (rbayliss40)

i have made an approximation of this indicator using the formula for both volume and close prices they are:

c-avc(period 5,25,50)

v-avgv(period5,25,50)

i can get all 3 indicators on top of each other but how can i make 2 of the colors more opaque/see through than the other one at best im only seeing 2 colors.

I can get the values by mousing over the bar and looking at the tooltip but id also like to know how to set the colors so i can see all 3 at the same time please if possible.

I have tried to enter the 2 above formula's and receive a formula error.

"Argument missing near ("

Thanks

Peter

Posted: Saturday, August 30, 2014 5:51:01 AM

Are there and thoughts on sharing the TTM squeeze and TTM wave code that you guys have crafted and refined with others?

I would be very interested.  Just watched JC videos and have not yet figured out to to pull this off on TC2000 12.4 myself.

Thanks

Peter

Topic: Change back round color of price "pop up"
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2014 4:43:12 AM

When I left mouse click on a chart a window pops up with price info  based upon what is being plotted on the chart.  I am using a chart with a medium grey backround.

The problem is the "pop up" window has a white backround, and any of the plots that I have on the main chart that are lighter in color (white, yellow) get washed out in the "pop up" window.

I don't want to change the backround color of my chart, but, is there a way to just change the backround color of the "pop up" window.

Hope this make sense.

Thanks

Peter

Topic: TC2000 12.3 and Mutul Funds
Posted: Friday, October 11, 2013 9:23:03 AM

QUOTE (Bruce_L)

There will be intraday prices for ETFs, but not for most mutual funds. The Net Asset Value of most mutual funds is not normally calculated more than once a day.

Bruce, 

I am not looking at an intraday chart I am looking a a daily chart.  Every mutal fund has an open and a close.  So why no candle on the chart?  I don't understand.

Thanks

Peter