Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: shsouther
About
User Name: shsouther
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 23
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: StockFinder 5.0 Build 20 - End of Beta
Posted: Thursday, May 20, 2010 8:23:45 PM
Glad to hear BackScanner is getting a make over!   I have been using it lately and there is one feature that would save me a lot of time and that is having the ability to specify a range of values and increments for the inputs of the conditions used in the rules and then have Backscanner run all posssible combinations and provide and rank the combinations.

Right now I use the tool with a spreadsheet and manually do this, and it takes a lot of time, yet the result are worth it.

I come from TradeStation and that platform provides this capability which is wonderful.

Keep up the great work Ken!
Topic: For those with data connection issues
Posted: Thursday, January 21, 2010 2:12:19 AM
Kuf,

I am a GOLD user.  4.9.164.22428.  I have a persistance background message on my charts "Data Updating Connecting...".  If I force an update it connects and updates but the message stays.  On the "Minute Real Time" tab the Activity box reports "Minute Connect Failed - Not Installed" .  I don't know if it is related, but I don't have the Minute data service would think it wouldn't even try since I don't have the service.

Thanks - I like the new version by the way...
Topic: How to compare the % change of a stock to the % change of the market
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 3:25:20 PM
Thanks Bruce.  I am gaining on it.  I tried something similair to what you suggested  but I was getting error because I use "close" rather than "value".

Can I include more than one "plot" in the RealCode to create more plot in the indicatior?
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 1:37:32 PM
I have been working at this in bits and pieces in the RealCode forum, but being new to StockFinder, my overall approach could be inefficient to what the platform is capable of.
What I am trying to accomplish is to look at the % change in price over a period of time for a stock and compare it to the % change in price of the market (NYSE) for the same period.
What I have done is to add the “Price History NYSE” to my chart, and an indicator “%Delta 5 Day” that I created.
“%Delta 5 Day” is simply – “plot = (price.Close(0) - price.Close(5)) / price.Close(0) * 100”. It correctly charts for the parent stock. I am having difficulty applying it to the NYSE price history as a child plot. Once I do I will need to take the difference between the two to show me how the stock is performing relative to the NYSE. Although I might need to create a separate indicator for each,  will want to look at other period in addition to the 5 Day period.
What is the recommended approach to what I am trying to accomplish?
Thanks.
Posted: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 1:36:59 PM
I have been working at this in bits and pieces in the RealCode forum, but being new to StockFinder, my overall approach could be inefficient to what the platform is capable of.
What I am trying to accomplish is to look at the % change in price over a period of time for a stock and compare it to the % change in price of the market (NYSE) for the same period.
What I have done is to add the “Price History NYSE” to my chart, and an indicator “%Delta 5 Day” that I created.
“%Delta 5 Day” is simply – “plot = (price.Close(0) - price.Close(5)) / price.Close(0) * 100”. It correctly charts for the parent stock. I am having difficulty applying it to the NYSE price history as a child plot. Once I do I will need to take the difference between the two to show me how the stock is performing relative to the NYSE. Although I might need to create a separate indicator for each,  will want to look at other period in addition to the 5 Day period.
What is the recommended approach to what I am trying to accomplish?
Thanks.