Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

For those with data connection issues Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Kuf
Posted : Monday, January 11, 2010 10:41:39 AM

Administration

We added a new status to the Data Status window to help identify when the downloader is writing information to disk. It will perform this operation when it's in the process of "catching up".  During this time, it will appear that your charts are out of date as it is downloading and updating to the latest bars. Depending on the speed of your internet connection, your hard drives and how busy your system is this make take longer than expected. 

If you see the  "Writing" status as in the image below, then you are connected and your computer is downloading the data correctly.    If you have stockfinder open for a minute and you do  not get any connection or status information for the data downloader, then we have a new log file that support would like to gather from you. Please post here if you are still not getting a data connection.

P.S. - It may take the downloader anywhere from 10-45 seconds at start up to even get an initial data connection to the server. Please be patient as it performs its connection cycle.

Attachments:
DataStatus Writing.png - 5 KB, downloaded 1,044 time(s).

Ken Gilb (Kuf)
Chief Software Engineer - Worden Brothers Inc.
Try/Catch - My RealCode Blog
haschade
Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2010 4:46:28 PM
I continue to have this problem...
Kuf
Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2010 5:51:22 PM

Administration

Build 163 (just released) increased the timeout period while connecting to the data feed. This should fix users who could not connect within the previous timeout period.

Ken Gilb (Kuf)
haschade
Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2010 10:31:37 AM
Indeed, it has!  THANK YOU!!!
Matman
Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:28:25 PM
Kuf,

Today I had a connection issue. When I started SF5 It would show stream as connected. On the chart it says Data Updating Minute Connect Failed - No Login Information. It stays like that for ten minutes (yes I timed it). I contacted support and after working with them they suggested that I post here. The chat ID for the last time is Chat SessionID:18131534. Unfortunately I don't have the ID# for the first one. They had me send a log file to them as well.

Thanks for all your good work.

Dave 
shsouther
Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2010 2:12:19 AM
Kuf,

I am a GOLD user.  4.9.164.22428.  I have a persistance background message on my charts "Data Updating Connecting...".  If I force an update it connects and updates but the message stays.  On the "Minute Real Time" tab the Activity box reports "Minute Connect Failed - Not Installed" .  I don't know if it is related, but I don't have the Minute data service would think it wouldn't even try since I don't have the service.

Thanks - I like the new version by the way...
mediator
Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2010 5:37:28 AM
QUOTE (shsouther)
Kuf,

I have a persistance background message on my charts "Data Updating Connecting...".  If I force an update it connects and updates but the message stays.  On the "Minute Real Time" tab the Activity box reports "Minute Connect Failed - Not Installed" . .
I have the exact same problem.
Kuf
Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2010 9:53:55 AM

Administration

This has been fixed in build 166

Ken Gilb (Kuf)