Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: Sparkly
About
User Name: Sparkly
Groups: Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 8
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: tax tips for trading as a business
Posted: Saturday, April 18, 2009 1:49:21 PM
Pretty sure you will need much, much more than 75 trades a year to qualify, at least for mark to market.  With schedule D I'm not sure.  I read a detailed article somewhere that stated the IRS is so picky on this matter that if you have more than a few days of not trading they consider it not a real business.  In otherwords you could sit and study and watch markets 24x7 but if you don't trade most every day literally they will flag you.  And if you declare mark to market pretty sure you can never change it back so be careful.
Topic: Did Anyone Here About This?
Posted: Monday, March 30, 2009 5:14:11 PM
I think my math at least average.  The way I see this special tax is that it does not matter how much account size is, does not matter if 10thou or 100thou or 1mil, the percent hit will be the same and where it will hurt is the ACTIVE trader.  So if a little man with a 10thou account who trades active with 1000 trades per year he will easily be taxed 25% to 50% of his starting account size!!!!  If a man with 1million dollar account trades 1000 time a year he also will be hit easily with a tax amounting to 25% to 50% easily of that starting 1million!!!.  So my figureing say this tax hurts any active trader.  Think about it, there are many who trade more than 1000 trades a year, even if trade only 500 times a year the tax will hurt bad.  All this figureing I did was say the average trade is about 1/10 or 1/20 account size, like a man with 10thous account with each trade about 1thou or $5oo, or a one million acctount size where each trade 100thou or 50thou.
Topic: Beware of the Conficker Worm/Virus...
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2009 5:22:39 PM
QUOTE (BigBlock)

Uhh!  I am so scared.  Back to 2000 the new millenium, and computer clocks.  
Fear promotes growth - It is so easy.  Yes lets all go and buy tons of security software, which actually does nothing but weaken your machine.

Think about it - if the hackers wanted to really do harm - Do you really think that anyone would know it is coming?

By the way, the best antivirus software is made be Avast.  It is not available for UNIX then it is a joke.
As it is NORTON, TrenMicro, Karpesky, and Symantec.

You very ignorant about Kasperksy lumping with Norton, no flame.  I have used Avast/AVG, Trend, Symantec/Norton, McAfee.  I don't use UNIX, so don't give a flip.
Topic: Beware of the Conficker Worm/Virus...
Posted: Sunday, March 29, 2009 10:21:13 AM

I have tried every antivirus and spyware under sun and now use what most real experts say is best,  Kaspersky suite, more expensive than most but fastest and has small footprint, updates every hour,  feel safe from Conficker worm.   Only area Kaspersky doesn't do best in is spam, but best for virus and spyware and all malware.

Topic: Another stealth opportunity
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2009 11:14:03 AM
I like SAY the way it looks on yahoo charts, looks like ready for liftoff, thanks!  Will watch and learn. 
Topic: AbleTrend EoD SW?
Posted: Saturday, March 28, 2009 11:10:34 AM
I'm just starting out and there so many programs advertised, hard to know which way to go.  I like what I see of Telechart and my go that way before long.  Had not heard of Able Trend, but Vector Vest I know and conidering. Will investigate Able trend.
Topic: BestFreeCharts
Posted: Saturday, March 21, 2009 12:14:32 PM
Thanks for tip on these free charts!  Been using yahoo and stockcharts but will for sure use these as primary now.
Topic: New Trading System CCI 20
Posted: Saturday, March 21, 2009 12:11:53 PM
Newbie, like your BRY chart display and tips, will print it and study.