Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: toddman
About
User Name: toddman
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 1
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Fundamental Data is missing and/or inaccurate for many tickers
Posted: Tuesday, February 2, 2010 3:09:25 PM
I'm a Platinum subscriber to Telechart and note that I'm missing substantial amounts of fundamental data for many tickers. Although I've updated my database daily, the data is still missing. Examples are earnings, capitalization, LT debt, ST debt, Current Assets, to name a few. Jump to any ticker under All Stocks and sort by any of the above, and many tickers will be missing information. For example, a scan of 6804 stocks for Earnings ($million) 1YR provides a return of only 2352 stocks with a numerical figure for  Earnings, leaving 4452 companies without any apparent earnings for the period. 

Although some may be updating at a quarter, and some may be just plain late, Telechart does not give us any indication of its status.  It leaves me wondering if I'm getting all of data accurately, and in a reasonable amount of time after its been reported. If data is missing, then I'm not getting truely accurate scans using fundamental data to select for top performing companies and sectors.