Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Fundamental Data is missing and/or inaccurate for many tickers Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
toddman
Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2010 3:09:25 PM
I'm a Platinum subscriber to Telechart and note that I'm missing substantial amounts of fundamental data for many tickers. Although I've updated my database daily, the data is still missing. Examples are earnings, capitalization, LT debt, ST debt, Current Assets, to name a few. Jump to any ticker under All Stocks and sort by any of the above, and many tickers will be missing information. For example, a scan of 6804 stocks for Earnings ($million) 1YR provides a return of only 2352 stocks with a numerical figure for  Earnings, leaving 4452 companies without any apparent earnings for the period. 

Although some may be updating at a quarter, and some may be just plain late, Telechart does not give us any indication of its status.  It leaves me wondering if I'm getting all of data accurately, and in a reasonable amount of time after its been reported. If data is missing, then I'm not getting truely accurate scans using fundamental data to select for top performing companies and sectors. 

jhlittle5520
Posted : Saturday, March 20, 2010 8:41:41 AM
Wouldn't you think after six weeks, this post deserves a reply?  I have often noticed the same thing.  Using worden data for fundamental screening is valueless.
Tal_E
Posted : Wednesday, March 24, 2010 4:29:30 PM

Worden Trainer

toddman & jhlittle5520,

Currently, we are working with our vendor on this report.  I'll have an update for you soon.

Thanks for your patience!

Tal_E

IAMCLP1
Posted : Thursday, April 8, 2010 10:13:32 PM
QUOTE (Tal_E)

toddman & jhlittle5520,

Currently, we are working with our vendor on this report.  I'll have an update for you soon.

Thanks for your patience!

Tal_E

WOW, Over to 2 months to fix issues with the software? I am a new client looking around, and this cant be good PR.
WLtrader
Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 1:35:33 AM
I am looking for an software to use fundamental data for scanning and backtesting. It seems the issue has not be solved and the data is still not reliable now.
jhlittle5520
Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 7:25:22 PM
I find the software useful for technical analysis, but regretably Worden does not appear to care about about the quality of their fundamental data.
brozeki
Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 5:46:38 AM
I second this. Morningstar fundamental data is useless.