Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: dares
About
User Name: dares
Groups: Beta Testers, Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 29
[0.01% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: WYNN divergence
Posted: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 9:38:04 AM
QUOTE (Craig_S)
(note his name is Don Worden, not Warden)

I cannot speak for Mr. Worden but I can offer what I see.

Jump to WYNN and bring up his attached chart.

Note TSV in the middle window in white.

Price formed a low in second quarter. Price then formed clear lower low in the third quarter.
TSV formed a low in second quarter. TSV then formed a similar low in the third quarter (not a definitive lower low like Price).

Thank you for your comments. I now see that my eye was playing tricks on me. The second low of TSV was actually at about the same level as its previous low. Because I was focusing on the sharpness of the second low I sort of thought that it was lower than the previous low. Thanks so much! You have been helpful.
Topic: WYNN divergence
Posted: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 9:01:57 AM
Hello:

I just have a simple question. Mr. Warden in his chart note on WYNN dated 8/15/06 (yesterday) said "TSV was divergent at the Q3 bottom" So far as I can see the Q3 bottom occurred on 07/28/06 and the bottom before that occurred on 06/13/06. The bottom of price on 07/28/06 was lower than the price bottom on 06/13/06. Since the bottom of TSV on 07/28/06 was also lower than the TSV bottom on 06/13/06 I fail to see how there was a divergence. I would be grateful if you would clarify this.

Gilbert
Topic: DIVERGENCES
Posted: Saturday, January 7, 2006 3:13:55 AM
In DW' TC2005 chart notes dated 01/06/2006 he indicated that in the case of ADBE Moneystream is in a decisive leading divergence. However, so far as I can see there is no divergence. MS seems to pretty follow price as it goes up. Can you please point out the divergence for me? Also I notice that there is no mention of the negative divergence for TSV and I think this would partially negate the overall conclusions. I think I am missing something. Please point me in the right direction.

In the same set of notes as above DW's comments on GS are:"Leading divergences in both Moneystream and TSV" From 11/25/05 to 12/20/05 bot MS and TSV seem to have negative divergences. There also appear to be short term divergences in MS and TSV from 12/20/05. Which of these divergences, short term or long term is more important for making investment decisions?
Topic: SCANS for positive BOP during trading ranges
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2005 12:03:25 PM
Balance of Power can be used to indicate accumulation. Often accumulation occurs in a trading range where price remains at a low value for a length of time. Would it be more appropriate to use BOP under these circumstances than during a rally? Also, what scans can one use to scan for stocks with good BOP during trading ranges?

Gilbert
Topic: MEANING OF BOP, MS AND TSV
Posted: Monday, June 20, 2005 2:06:38 PM
Dear Sir:

I have seen a number of videos in which it is explained how one can use Time Segmented Volume, Balance of Power and Moneystream to assist in analyzing charts. However, without knowing a little about how these indicators are constructed I have little confidence in using them. I would be grateful if you could give me some indication of what these indicators measure and of how they are constructed.

To give you some idea of the type of detail I am requesting I pose a number of questions:
What are the mathematical formulas for constructing these indicators?
What does the term moneystream imply? What does the term Balance of power imply? If it involves a force what is the meaning of that? What is meant by volume that is segmented by time? Are these indicators similar in nature to other commonly known indicators such as On Balance Volume?

Yours sincerely,
Gilbert Dares
Topic: HALF-POINT ADVANCES AND DECLINES IN INDEXES
Posted: Saturday, May 7, 2005 2:48:08 PM
My enquiry refers to the 20 minute video highlighting OMR. This video is located at Four Good-Looking Charts: OMR, MFE, CNU, JMDT. XAX is used in this video as a relative strength indication. 10 day and 40 day moving averages are used. I have tried to duplicate the template using the TC2000 program on my computer. I first added XAX and then I added the 10 day and the 40 day moving averages of the XAX. I then made the XAX invisible by unticking visible. I ended up with a result that looks identical with the template in the video. I carried out these procedures to convince myself that the 10 day and 40 day moving averages refer to moving averages of XAX and not of OMR. However, the analysis presented in the video gives the impression that the moving averages somehow refer to OMR. I make this deduction because the video makes statements like "when the 10 day is below the 40 day OMR is underperforming the American stock exchange." How can this be the case?

Gilbert Dares
Topic: COILED SPRINGS (TRIANGLES, APEXES)
Posted: Friday, April 29, 2005 12:39:12 AM
I would be grateful if you would let me know how to scan for coiled springs. I am interested in any sized spring ranging from 2 months to 1 week.
Topic: HALF-POINT ADVANCES AND DECLINES IN INDEXES
Posted: Friday, April 22, 2005 12:10:17 AM
Dear Sirs:

In the Worden Report of April 20, 2005 Don says "There were 1020
half-point + declines to 78 advances in the Russell 3000" I would like to
be able to make this determination myself. Please let me know how I can
determine the number of half-point declines and advances in the Russell 3000
using TeleChart Gold.

Gilbert Dares
Topic: Historical Fundamental Graphs
Posted: Saturday, March 19, 2005 8:14:41 AM
The teleChart 2005 help sections mentions that it is possible to draw historical fundamental charts with Telechart 2005. Please let me know how to do this.

Regards,
Gilbert Dares