Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: fantastic4
About
User Name: fantastic4
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 128
[0.04% of all post / 0.02 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: why is there is a macd difference between TC gold version and freestockcharts
Posted: Saturday, July 7, 2012 7:30:25 AM

Hi 

Its Ok it was just me being silly, i did not have my setting set to exponential in tc gold. It all matches now.

thanks

Topic: why is there is a macd difference between TC gold version and freestockcharts
Posted: Saturday, July 7, 2012 5:19:44 AM

Hi 

I have just started using the MACD feature on my charts but I am really puzzled as to why the MACD indicator looks completely different when a chart is viewed through my TC gold subscription and when I view the same chart on the 'freestockcharts' website. And I am using the same default settings ie 12,29,9 on both. This is for any stock you choose.

Eg if you look at the stock CROX as at close of business on 6th july, you will note that the macd divergence appears completely different between freestockcharts and tc gold.

I personall use  the freestockcharts version as its more accurate and ties in with some of the other charting software out there. My question how is what can i do to the macd setting in my TC gold  so the macd appears the same as it does in freestockcharts.

thanks for your help.

Tumsiela

Topic: find stocks with sames correlation chart outlook
Posted: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 11:12:25 AM
Hi 
I would like to know if its possible to design a pcf (or if telecharts has a feature) which allows you to scan/find stocks that have a similar chart outlook.

eg if you take the stock AGP, as it is today, then is it possible to find stocks that have a similar or very similar chart pattern to AGP. 

I know that some of the other charting software out there like AIQ for example offer such a feature. just wondering if somethign like was available within telecharts or thru the use of PCFs

thanks
jay
Topic: finding stocks with a certain chart pattern
Posted: Thursday, November 5, 2009 7:40:32 PM
Hi

I would like to find stocks with a certain price pattern. this pattern does not have a standard name like head and shoulders, or asecending triangle etc. I guess the best way to explain it is to actually give you some examples of some charts that exhibit this pattern and see if you could help me.

please see the following charts
QCOM (the pattern formation between the 2nd october to the 2nd november), this is kind of a U shaped consolidation formation formed over a period of around 20 days or so.

SAFM (pattern formation between the 6th oct to the 5th november). again this is a kind of like a sidways consolidation shape over a period of around 20 days or so.

HTS (same U shaped consolidation formation  as QCOM) again formed between 2nd october and 2nd november). 

some of the other examples are: (the shape in question has formed in the last 20 days or so, from start of october)

PRA
STST
FELE
MGLN
FRT
NTES

I hope the examples I have given are sufficient to derive a useful PCF from. 
thanks for your help
Jay

Topic: MACD cross over PCFs - help needed
Posted: Tuesday, November 3, 2009 10:31:03 AM
Thanks so much for that bruce
have a great day

Jay
Posted: Tuesday, November 3, 2009 10:12:57 AM
Hi Bruce

thanks for that,  much appreciated, one last item, instead of creating three separete pcfs and then three separete scans for the above, is it possible  to combine the above threes pcfs into one to create one scan that give me all the stocks, if so how do i do that please.

Thanks
jay
Posted: Tuesday, November 3, 2009 9:19:34 AM

Hi guys

I did a search for MACD Pcfs and found some useful stuff, but could someone create pcfs for the following for me please.

1. Personal Criteria Formula for the Exponential MACD 12,26,9 Signal Line crossing DOWN through zero.

2. Personal Criteria Formula for the Exponential MACD 12,26,9 Signal Line moving DOWN while below zero.

3. Personal Criteria Formula for the raw MACD 12,26 crossing DOWN through its 9-Period Exponential Moving Average Signal line while moving DOWN below zero as follows:

Thanks for your help guys
jay

Topic: scan for stock that have RSI at value of 30 or below
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 12:44:11 PM
Hi Could you help me to set up a scan to scan for stocks with the following condition.

stocks with wilders RSI at 30 or below AND where stock has been above the 50 MA for the last 30 days

thanks for your help
jay
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 12:42:57 PM
Hi Could you help me to set up a scan to scan for stocks with the following condition.

stocks with wilders RSI at 30 or below AND where stock has been above the 50 MA for the last 30 days

thanks for your help
jay
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 12:42:26 PM

thanks for your help
jay