Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: 5299
About
User Name: 5299
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 11
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: channelling stocks
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2014 10:25:50 PM

I am interested in creating a scan for stocks bouncing in a lateral channel but I'm finding trouble recreating the scan from the video link.  I believe that I copied the codes correctly, but when I try to save the scan it tells me that the formula does not return a boolean result.  Am I doing something wrong?

Clarence

Topic: Risk to Reward condition
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 4:37:24 PM
I would like to filter out any stock that doesn't reward me with at least $2 for every $1 that I risk. I am looking to add this condition to a backscan that I use which identifies pullbacks and then will only enter a trade if the prior day's (range) bar represents a 2:1 ratio away from my target price. So, for example, I would use the high of the pullback which started 3 - 5 days ago, as my target price. Then after price has pullback to some level of support or a moving average, I want to enter the trade if price goes above the high of the prior day, using the low of the prior day as a stop-loss exit.

High from 4 days ago was $48 (target price),price pullbacks over the next few days and yesterday's high was $46 with a low of $45.
The reward would be $2: ABS(Target$48-Entry Price$46)
The risk would be $1: ABS(Entry$46-Stop-Loss$45)of prior day

I would like to enter a trade on the next day if price goes above $46.01.
Topic: Risk to Reward condition
Posted: Wednesday, February 14, 2007 2:59:28 PM
I'm sure that someone has already asked if there is a way to set up a condition that will filter out all stocks in a scan that do not meet at least a 2:1 reward to risk ratio. If not, is this something that can be done, and if so, what would be the best way for me to go about creating it?
Topic: Creating a new Buy Condition
Posted: Tuesday, December 26, 2006 8:53:41 PM
How do I create a new Buy condition? I would like to create a buy signal that works on a cross of a 28 period Momentum indicator and a 28 day moving average. I was able to plot the two together, but now would like to create buy and sell signals from their crossing.
Topic: Worden Stochastics Exit
Posted: Saturday, December 23, 2006 2:09:40 PM
I would like to see the performance of what I thought would be a very easy backscan, but I must be doing something wrong. I would like to have my entry set to buy when stochastics crosses or is above (>) 80 or overbought, and my exit to sell when stochastics drops back below (<) 80. Shouldn't it be as easy as,
Buy condition: Worden Stochastics 25,10,,>,80,Bar=1Day,True1,of 1
Sell condition:Worden Stochastics 25,10,,<,80,Bar=1Day,True1,of 1

For some reason, my sell signal doesn't come when stochastics falls cross 80, it only comes after it falls all the way down to below 20 and then on it's way back up again. Any idea what I did wrong?
Topic: Understanding Industry Analysis
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2006 5:42:51 PM
I'm having a hard time finding online help understanding how to correctly set the Industry analysis conditions. I would like to understand how to set the period, operator (I think I know this means), and number values. I would like to add to my backscan and want to find those stocks that are in the top 25% of their industry and their industry is in the top 25% of the market. Thanks in advance for your help.
Topic: Creating a Pullback Backscan
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2006 10:05:05 AM
So, it was the value I was putting in and not my conditions. Thanks for your help.
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2006 9:56:03 AM
I want to sell if price close 10% below the entry or 20% above the entry. I now have two sperate conditions Trade % gain/loss >=,20 OR Trade % gain/loss<=,10. I'm wondering if that is the correct way to do it?
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2006 9:29:38 AM
Looking Good, I now have a question about the exit. Is there an easy way to create an exit that is based on a 2:1 risk/reward ratio. I have something that is working, but I'm afraid to tell you how I'm getting there.
Posted: Thursday, December 21, 2006 8:51:54 AM
Looks a little different than what I had, but it's what I was looking for. Thank you.

Now, in order to add the other items are they all AND conditions that get attached in the same manner as the volume change?