Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: vdolmstead
About
User Name: vdolmstead
Groups: Beta Testers, Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 45
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: iPad app only displays price charts and not the rs/ma charts visible on 'puter
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 5:41:20 PM

<<Relative Strength does not currently plot in the mobile version of TC2000>>

Thanks, Bruce.  You give me hope by using the word "currently" in your response.  Is it false hope or might we see a real mobile version rather than an echo? 

Topic: iPad app only displays price charts and not the rs/ma charts visible on 'puter
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 10:24:53 PM

Is this by design or am I missing something?  I&#39;m using settings imported from Version 7.  I have a candlestick price chart with a series of MAs and two additional charts:  one is TLT rs to the main selected symbol and the 40 day EMA; the second is SHY rs to selected and 40 EMA.  On the computer all three are visible with data displayed.  In the iPad app the two windows for the RS/EMA charts are there with the words "moving average" in red and the scale in red on the right in each but the only thing in the window is the watermark for the symbol in the top MA window.  Can this baby be saved?

Topic: Watchlist Tracking Grayed out!
Posted: Tuesday, June 21, 2011 4:54:14 PM
Of course, the online version doesn't even have an entry to gray out.  Are the numbers on the chart "Today's Prices" only relative to today's activity?  I must assume that we are given an opportunity to enter purchase prices, quantities and dates when adding symbols to a personal watchlist for some function that crunches those number.  But I remember the root of the word "ASSUME!"
Topic: Best Wishes to Don Worden ...
Posted: Thursday, November 25, 2010 10:23:34 AM
Don,
The Hebrew prayer for you we offer on Shabbat is called Mi Sheberach.  Rest assured it will be offered on your behalf.  I'm expecting to visit the Triangle once again and share a glass of wine with you.  I've even got the cab and vintage in mind.  God Bless you and your family this holiday season and get out of that hospital.  There are Sick People in there!
Topic: Bill Williams - profitunity
Posted: Friday, December 4, 2009 4:06:59 PM
I have an interest in Bill Williams - profitunity -- having bought the book and having read it several times.   I'd love to participate in a discussion on the subject!
Topic: MA numbers as historical data
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2008 9:05:38 PM
No, that's not it.  Craig S sent me to http://www.blocks.com/Pricing/Default.aspx#Calculator and I bought it for blocks 3.1.  I need instructions for Watchlist Calculator.  You sent me to Watchlist Indicator.  I've done lots of those.
Posted: Tuesday, September 2, 2008 4:06:40 PM

Ok, I bit!  I just added the Watchlist Calculator to my Blocks 3.1.  How do I make best use of it?  Got some links for me to use?

Posted: Friday, August 22, 2008 12:41:48 PM
I keep a spreadsheet of the number of US stocks, NASDAQ, NYSE, S&P, NDX and Dow above their 50 and 200 day MAs.  I try to gather the data every day but the gremlins always interfere.  How can I use Blocks to find these numbers for the day(s) I miss??  I think these numbers change interday now so the usual way won't  work after the start of trading, even if I only miss one day.
Topic: Backtesting Question?
Posted: Monday, March 12, 2007 11:33:27 AM
I'm trying to create a backtest scan using "Decision Moose's" RS numbers which are set out as follows:
Topscreen is the Chart of the stock
Middle Screen shows the stock's rs to TLT with 40 bar exp MA
Bottom Screen shows the stocks RS to SPX also with a 40 bar Exp MA.

I want to back test the following conditions, a buy when both RS lines cross above the MA and a sell when both cross below it.

Can I write such a screen in BlocksPlayer and backtest it?
Topic: Watch AAPL, looks ready to break...
Posted: Friday, July 15, 2005 10:57:42 AM

What a great call!