Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

iPad app only displays price charts and not the rs/ma charts visible on 'puter Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
vdolmstead
Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 10:24:53 PM

Gold Customer Gold Customer

Is this by design or am I missing something?  I'm using settings imported from Version 7.  I have a candlestick price chart with a series of MAs and two additional charts:  one is TLT rs to the main selected symbol and the 40 day EMA; the second is SHY rs to selected and 40 EMA.  On the computer all three are visible with data displayed.  In the iPad app the two windows for the RS/EMA charts are there with the words "moving average" in red and the scale in red on the right in each but the only thing in the window is the watermark for the symbol in the top MA window.  Can this baby be saved?

Bruce_L
Posted : Monday, December 17, 2012 9:04:56 AM

Worden Trainer

Relative Strength does not currently plot in the mobile version of TC2000 and a moving average which is applied to the RS indicator cannot plot either because it would require the RS indicator for its calculations. This is only one of quite a few features which are available in the Silverlight version of TC2000 which have not been implemented yet in HTML or phone versions of TC2000.

The only workaround which comes to mind would be to have the full Silverlight version running on your computer and using remote desktop software of some sort to access the computer with the Silverlight version running on it from your iPad.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
vdolmstead
Posted : Wednesday, December 19, 2012 5:41:20 PM

Gold Customer Gold Customer

<<Relative Strength does not currently plot in the mobile version of TC2000>>

Thanks, Bruce.  You give me hope by using the word "currently" in your response.  Is it false hope or might we see a real mobile version rather than an echo? 

Bruce_L
Posted : Thursday, December 20, 2012 8:10:26 AM

Worden Trainer

I can't make promises, but there is definitely hope. My understanding is that we want the HTML version of the software to eventually be as fully featured as possible because it can run on more platforms the Silverlight version.

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles