Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: curtmilr
About
User Name: curtmilr
Groups: Gold User, Member, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 10
[0.00% of all post / 0.00 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: re: Stop Variation
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 8:12:30 PM
Bruce,

That looks to do EXACTLY what I intended. THANKS!!

Curtis
Posted: Tuesday, March 23, 2010 9:44:19 AM
OK, Bruce. THAT works.

That's the problem in RealCode, of course. Sticky little details.

Now is it possible to be able to "paint" the action as it is actually used, as a Stop? In other words, only showing the first instance of the circumstance?

If not, I understand, but it sure would make the charts cleaner and easier to read. This type Real Code technique, to limit repetiton of circumstance painting, that I would incorporate into all SF Rules.

Thanks for your efforts.
                                     Curtis
Posted: Monday, March 22, 2010 11:36:08 PM
Bruce,

There must be an error in that Code, as there are no results showing up, even when you can manually "see" events that should trigger.

Could you recheck it for me???
                                                                        Curtis
Posted: Sunday, March 21, 2010 2:51:43 PM
Trainer,

I'm trying to create:

a Stop that is activated by a Close below the Low of the Daily Bar with the Highest Traded Price in the last 8 Days.

How can I do that????
Topic: PCFs and EasyScan for MA X-Overs on MS & TSV
Posted: Saturday, January 23, 2010 2:57:17 PM
Sirs:

I couldn't find this in the Trainer's Forum, and my questions in Trainer's Forum have never been answered before (Stupid Questions??), so I'm trying yet again.

In TC 2007, I am trying to create the following Easy Scan:

MS > 20 Day Moving Average of MS
And
TSV > 20 Day Moving Average of TSV
And

Either or Both of the following parameters:

MS Yesterday <= 20 Day Moving Average of  MS Yesterday
And/Or
TSV Yesterday <= 20 Day Moving Average of TSV20  Yesterday

Also do I need to describe the timeframe of the MS & TSV?

I'm wanting the first two parameters to be true today. And either one or both of the secondary parameters to be true yersterday. In essence at least one of the lower pair of parameters was False yesterday, but True today. They could be True for Both, but if Neither were True, there would be zero results.
Topic: re: Retracement to 50 Day SMA
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 10:50:00 PM

Bruce,

We can't use absolute Dollar differentials because we don't have the Price of the stock being examined. $1 is 20% of a $5 stock, but is only 1% of a $100 stock. Thus we have to work with percentages.

I would assume a minimum 10% above the upside penetration of the 50 day SMA to be considered a true breakout. The upside thrust could carry well beyond that level in the short term before retracing.

I would consider the retracement "near" to be within 2% of the 50 Day SMA line. Again, it must be "near" enough to be logically construed as a retest of the breakout above the 50 Day SMA.

Sorry that I didn't recognize the need for tighter definitions to my original question(s)!

Curtmilr

Topic: re: Retracement to 50 Day SMA
Posted: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 9:31:57 AM
How would I write a PCF that finds stocks that have risen thru their 50 day SMA within the last 60 days, and are now retracing back to near the 50 day SMA? The assumption being that the 50 day SMA will now be support?
Topic: Stockfinder new version
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 10:36:53 PM
Will current owners of SF 4 be automatically updated???
Topic: Industries With Consistent Performance over Specific Time Periods
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 10:18:01 PM
Would results from this procedure be the same if you reversed the order of years,, moving forward from the list of 5 years ago to the present? I'd suspect the change to be significant.

So, why did you choosde to look back from the most recent??
Topic: Uncover the stocks driving the strongest industry groups
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2009 9:51:13 PM
Hi! I'm brand new to TC 2007.
Can we rank the Industry Groups WITHOUT sub-Industries first.
Then drill down thru sub-Industries to individual Stocks.