Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Profile: brio
About
User Name: brio
Groups: Gold User, Member, Platinum User, TeleChart
Interests:
Statistics
Number of Posts: 56
[0.02% of all post / 0.01 posts per day]
Last 10 Posts
Topic: Paying customers penalized? BATS Real Time on FreeStockCharts but not on Gold version?
Posted: Thursday, December 31, 2015 10:48:21 AM

Thanks for  your replies.   

Busterram:  Thanks for your insights.  I should try the other platform you mentioned as well.  I also used to be a platinum subscriber for a long time and just recently switched to Gold.  I found I could get by with Gold as my broker platform gave free real time charts. 

Bruce: Thanks for replying.  I think I'm starting to understand the rationale for your delayed feeds.  But in my opinion, I still think most users would prefer a near real time feed rather than paper trading.  And if it's taking away functionality that used to be there it's going to leave a few disgruntled customers.  

It might be ok f you guys were clear on what the changes are.  As per my original email, it took me quite a while to figure out what the differences were between the versions.  And when the worden.com website loads 16 when it says 12.6, it adds more confusion to the matter and leaves customers very frustrated.

Keep in mind, most frustrated and disgruntled customers do not complain.  They just leave.  

Topic: Paying customers penalized? BATS Real Time on FreeStockCharts but not on Gold version?
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2015 10:58:22 AM

This is really confusing.  

Did I get this right?  As of now, v12 has real time but not paper trading.   v16 has paper trading and no real time.   

One would expect v16 to be the latest and greatest version of TC2000, not one that has less features. 

Please consider changing your numbering scheme.  It's really confusing, even for long time users.  A suffix like TC2000-RT would make it more clear and prevent the confusion.  Took me a while to figure this out.  

What is more confusing is when you click on v 12.6 on the worden.com home page, it takes you to another page where it runs v16, not v12.  But the title on the page says v12.4 !  How is a busy user supposed to keep track of all this?

On another vein, why would you guys want to enable paper trading on a delayed feed.  I don't think it would be good for folks to do paper trading on delayed data.  If anything, it should be as live as possible, even if it is BATS.  It becomes really important at the open and close of the trading session, which is where a lot of action typically occurs.

Posted: Monday, December 28, 2015 1:23:35 PM

I can get Free BATS RealTime on FreeStockCharts.com but not on the Gold version (ver 16.0.5829.19479).

I'm a paying customer on the Gold verison.  

It sure does seem like paying customers get less functionality than free folks on freestockcharts.com.

Am I missing something?

Topic: Bulk Erase
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2015 11:05:45 AM

I think the duplicates started when I did an Import from Version 7 twice accidentally.

Hopefully you all might consider allowing users to do a bulk erase or "start over" themselves without having to rely on you all.

I'd like to proceed with the erase.  Is there a process to do this.  How do I proceed?

Topic: Bulk Erase
Posted: Friday, May 22, 2015 12:03:33 AM

Is there a way to do a bulk erase a set of old Conditions (PCFs) or EasyScans.  I seem to have multiple copies of some of them and many old ones.  Likewise for a bunch of Scans.

If not, is there a way to "start from scratch."

I just want to clean out all the old stuff.

But I do have one layout and quite a few PCFs I want to keep.

Topic: Swing Points Indicator
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 12:29:44 PM

I tried your suggestion on the AVGH50 with a factor of 0.2

It works perfectly.  Great idea.  Thanks a lot !!

Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 11:50:35 AM

Thanks.  I did try it and it's an ok workaround.  My issue is that the dots cover up the price high or low.  

To get around it, I added a fudge factor to the SwingHigh PCF to expand the space:  ... + (C*0.005)

but the issue here is that when I switch to hourly or other time frames or stocks with varying prices, the position varies greatly.  Sometimes it's way too high above the pivot.  

Can you think of any way around this?  I'd like it to always be a set space above price.  

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Posted: Monday, May 18, 2015 8:10:50 PM

Is there any way I can get TC2000 to display swing points?

I'd like to mark swing highs and lows (defined as x bars on either side) with a marker, like a circle or triangle.  

If not, this would make a great indicator.  Easy indicator to write I'm thinking.  

Just draw a circle if there are x lower high bars to either side.

Topic: Custom Indicator Plot
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2015 6:40:34 PM

Thanks for the quick reply.  Did it.  Works really nice.  -- Thanks

Topic: Combine Daily & Hourly PCF
Posted: Monday, May 18, 2015 5:32:49 PM

That's what I suspected.  -- thanks