Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Formula query Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
chartist123
Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2005 12:24:54 AM
I want to get a listing of stocks that have an avg volume for the last 10 days greater than 100,000 and are priced between 5 and 30 and whose last low price was less than the low price of the last 10 days. Further I want this only for shares that have an RSI between 10 and 30.I would like to create an easy scan for this.
Can I write a formula for this as
AVGV10 >= 1000 AND 5<C<=30 AND L < MINL10 AND 10 <RSI <= 30 ?
Is this the most efficient way of writing the formula or is there a better way of doing this ?
Craig_S
Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:12:54 AM

Worden Trainer

What RSI settings are you using on your chart?

You don't need a PCF for the price per share being between 5 and 30. Watch this short video to see how to limit the price range in EasyScan:

Using EasyScan to find stocks that meet your own criteria

This PCF will return the avg volume for the last 10 days:

AVGV10

After you create and calculate the PCF add it to any EasyScan and limit it to VALUES of 1000 to MAX (volume is in hundreds)

This PCF will only return TRUE if the low today is a new 1-day low:

L<MINL10.1

You can add it to any EasyScan once you create it.

This PCF will return the value of an RSI of 14 and 6 (change the 14 and 6 in the formula to whatever RSI setting you use)

RSI14.6

After you create and calculate the PCF add it to any EasyScan and limit it to VALUES of 5 to 30.

Instead of one long PCF that returns a TRUE you are creating a few PCFs that you can easily manipulate in EasyScan. This will give you more flexibility while still allowing you to find what you asked for. You can also sort by any of your new PCFs.

- Craig
Here to Help!