Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Including Images in Your Posts Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
Doug_H
Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2005 8:19:16 AM

Worden Trainer

The following exchange took place in an unrelated thread here in the forums dealing with including images (charts, for instance) in your forum posts. I copy the exchange here so more people will find and benefit from it.

Hi j2d2,

How did you copy and paste the images into your post? I have a trial copy of SnagIt, with SnagIt I can copy and paste an image into Word or any other document but can't paste it into this forum. I searched for an answer here but found none, so if you or anyone else knows how this is accomplished, please let me know, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Winnie

Hello Winnie: I am not familiar with SnagIt. I use PrintKey Pro which is basic screen capture software and very likely similar to what you are using. My software allows me to capture the whole screen or just selected parts that I am interested in. Then I select a format, usually gif or jpeg, and save the image in a separate folder on my hard drive. From that point it is basically the same procedure that you would follow for adding an avatar/icon to your posts on this forum. In simple terms, you need to find a place on the internet where you can upload your picture to a permanent location and then you come back to this forum and create a post that points to where you stored it. This is usually referred to as finding yourself a web host. So do a Google search on web hosting sites or internet host sites and read what you can expect to get from the top ten hosting sites in terms of space, reliability and ease of use. Then decide if you really need that much space and reliability and look at some of the places that offer a limited amount of free or relatively free space for limited use and limited budgets. If you need more information please ask one of the trainers who are certainly more qualified than I at explaining how things work on their forum.
Regards,
j2d2

- Doug
Teaching Online!
Bruce_L
Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2005 8:33:58 AM

Worden Trainer

The following topic contains a useful post on the same subject:

Attn: usertm, re posting telechart charts....

-Bruce
Personal Criteria Formulas
TC2000 Support Articles
Winnie
Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2005 4:49:46 PM

Hi j2d2, Doug and Bruce,

Thanks to all, it's kind of complicated but I get the picture, no pun intended!
I have another question, if I delete the hosting site account or the individual image on the hosting site account, will the image still be available here on the TC2005 forum post? Also the image seems a little fuzzy, not as clear as in the edit mode on the host site, maybe when I post this it will be clearer?

Winnie
Winnie
Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2005 5:25:44 PM

Still not very clear, is there another format that is clearer than .jpg format?

Thanks
Winnie
Craig_S
Posted : Monday, November 14, 2005 6:36:18 AM

Worden Trainer

The image you see is only the linked image. If the host image is gone the link will be dead and no image will show up here in the forum.

The pictures you posted are pretty clear for me. The size/resolution of your images will be more important than the format you use.

- Craig
Here to Help!