Download software Tutorial videos
Subscription & data-feed pricing Class schedule

New account application Trading resources
Margin rates Stock & option commissions

Attention: Discussion forums are read-only for extended maintenance until further notice.
Welcome Guest, please sign in to participate in a discussion. Search | Active Topics |

Fuel will stay costly even if refinaries back up 100% in DEC so how do ... Rate this Topic:
Previous Topic · Next Topic Watch this topic · Print this topic ·
BigBlock
Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2005 2:54:16 PM
How do you think that this will affect Xmas sales and 1Q earnings. Do you think that the online shopping will flourish even more than it did last yr?
Tell your thoughts, every contribution counts no matter how small or off perspective it may be.
futr
Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2005 9:51:01 PM
Gold Customer Gold Customer

I think it may , but fuel cost will rise for UPS,FED-X and others,
BigBlock
Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2005 10:12:14 PM
Sure I agree, but what will be more costly an extra dollar on the shipping or the few bucks that is going to cost you driving around
for days until you find what you need?
LeahLariviere
Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2005 7:33:51 AM
Has anyone tried using linear regression channel sorts, and how did it work out for you. Does anyone have any other method they are using that they found works well? Thanks for any help.
NutOnABike
Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2005 12:35:31 PM
QUOTE (futr)
I think it may , but fuel cost will rise for UPS,FED-X and others,

Fedex has a fuel surcharge that's added to the customer's bill. This helps protect FDX from spikes in fuel costs. Interestingly, if customers opt for the cheaper FDX ground shipping instead of overnight, FDX makes out because ground has twice the margins of overnight. I also think the Kinko's deal was a real winner for FDX.
thowell
Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2005 3:06:45 PM
Everyone is going to start feeling the pinch. UPS could be working off an triple bottom, has support in the mid 60’s, might be one to watch.
1nymac
Posted : Saturday, September 24, 2005 3:39:28 PM
Fuel prices have been steadily rising but it hasn't seemed to effect J.C.Penney or others from still advertising free shipping.I think there will be a significant increase in online buying,more so this year because of fuel costs and discounts given to catalog buyers that are not given to store buyers.
1NyMac